Mind Control Comics Forum
September 18, 2024, 12:54:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary Guest Page 5: Resume Own Navigation  (Read 24668 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2012, 10:02:16 am »

I am guessing this scene is happening at CFB Uplands/Ottawa International Airport  in Ottawa, Ontario

That's a very good guess, but there is one other airport it could be... Smiley

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2012, 10:11:28 am »

Dani used to be Canadian Lois Lane (in some continua anyway). Wink

Just a reminder that these guest pages are canon (the events described really did happen in the main SJI continuity, just at different times). It's not an alternative universe or something. Smiley
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 10:25:59 am by Daphne » Logged

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2012, 10:22:07 am »

I am guessing this scene is happening at CFB Uplands/Ottawa International Airport  in Ottawa, Ontario

That's a very good guess, but there is one other airport it could be... Smiley

Actually, I take that back; it does have to be YOW. A special prize to the first person who can tell me the other airport I was thinking of, and why it can't be that one. Smiley

Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2012, 10:27:37 am »

we Canadians have an Air Force base?

Us Canadians, dude. Smiley

Chettbaker
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

Reformed Spiritual Grifter

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2012, 11:27:36 am »

CFB Rockcliffe.  

Now home to  Canada Aviation and Space Museum.

Its a pretty cool museum

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CFB_Rockcliffe

It can't be Rockcliffe...
Reasons:  

Rockcliffe got decommissioned years ago.

From the article:

By 2009, the Canadian Forces had completely departed from Rockcliffe. Most RCAF buildings had been demolished by this time, although some of the abandoned military housing remains; mothballed for potential future use. As of October 13, 2009 the roads leading into CFB Rockcliffe were permanently closed off and access to the base will no longer be possible. After several decontamination and repair operations are completed, it is expected the property will be sold to private interests for future development as previously announced, although the topic remains uncertain and still causes much debate.

Uplands got amalgamated with with the Ottawa international Airport (well parts of it) so it is still an active base (Love wikipedia!)
If it weren't for the uniform/air force aspect then the plane could have landed on at least a half dozen airfields in the Ottawa region.
Rockcliffe is still used by the Rockcliffe Airport and Flying Club.  
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 11:50:15 am by Chettbaker » Logged
Garg22
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2012, 12:32:40 pm »

Well well well, so the girl that started this all was an Airforce brat.  Hmm... The story demands that the General finally finds his long lost daughter while she's under the control of our hero, after all we can't make things too easy for Adrian.
Technophyle
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2012, 01:19:19 pm »

Minor nitpicks from a former Canadian Forces guy...the cap should be a blue wedge, not that...whatever it is. He also wouldn't be putting it on getting into the vehicle. The driver should be in uniform, and wearing a cover. You don't salute in the Canadian Forces (or most other Commonwealth forces I'm aware of) if you aren't wearing some form of headdress: you come to attention instead. Saluting without something on your head is what Americans do, and if there's one thing the Canadian Forces is very picky on, it's not being mistaken for Americans.

True story: some officer-cadets showed up for their first infantry officer training session at CFB Gagetown one summer and being all gung-ho (ironically) about it, decided to have their heads shaved partway through the course. They were informed they were confined to base for the duration of their training, and said confinement continued for some of the slow hair-growers after they returned to the military college in the fall until their hair grew back in. In the words of the regimental sergeant-major, "You are not fucking Americans." There were a few choice words from senior officers informing them of their error in judgement as well.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2012, 01:21:33 pm »

Minor nitpicks from a former Canadian Forces guy...the cap should be a blue wedge, not that...whatever it is. He also wouldn't be putting it on getting into the vehicle. The driver should be in uniform, and wearing a cover. You don't salute in the Canadian Forces (or most other Commonwealth forces I'm aware of) if you aren't wearing some form of headdress: you come to attention instead. Saluting without something on your head is what Americans do, and if there's one thing the Canadian Forces is very picky on, it's not being mistaken for Americans.

Yeah... I mentioned this in PM, but: In the script, he was in uniform and cover, and it didn't quite make it to the art. Smiley The cap issues are all my fault, though.

Chettbaker
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2012, 05:55:00 pm »

Prize?  Blink blink  Smiley
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2012, 05:15:30 am »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 01:08:13 pm by GodWilling » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2012, 02:45:06 pm »

Okay, I'm afraid I misread most of the discussion locating this entry.

As for my comment about Dani being a Canadian Lois Lane (in some continua), I was referring to the existence of multiple Superman continua (where Lois' parents have a variety of different conflicting characteristics), not trying to classify the exchange we just saw as alternate universe.  Lois Lane has been a character for more than 70 years and I don't even want to guess how many writers and artists have tried to tackle her.  However, the story of her parentage has a lot more give in it than Clark Kent.  Her father's name is Sam Lane, but he's been a reporter, a medical doctor, a lab scientist, and a general at various points.  The favored classification for him at this moment is as a general (but I think he's Army, not Air Force).  I was so surprised that Dani was a military brat and that her father was at least a one-star that I made a celebratory comment, tried to be clever in qualifying it, and just fell into the mud.
Chettbaker
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2012, 04:01:09 pm »

Give the prize to jmundt29.  Lois Lane knowledge has a lot more street cred than knowing about Ottawa.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2012, 04:03:28 pm »

Give the prize to jmundt29.  Lois Lane knowledge has a lot more street cred than knowing about Ottawa.

You won fair and square; we just have to find something suitable. Smiley

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: