Mind Control Comics Forum
October 08, 2024, 03:24:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary #1333: On Repeat.  (Read 1895 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: November 06, 2023, 01:04:03 am »

Script: Daphne • Line Art: Plutonian Knight • Colors and Lettering: Octavia Moon

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Sharque
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2023, 05:04:32 am »

I am fascinated to think that this is likely Jakob. Miriam hasn’t had any exposure to the watch, true, but she was programmed by the crystals before that, and we’ve seen solid evidence that there is enough memory of Jakob inside her to reel in others like Erin who venture in. I wonder if she is subconsciously bringing the souls in so that they can be exposed to her memories/conditioning by Jakob. He’s the one who we have precedent saying that the women are “pretending to be something the are not” from Miriam’s memories, so it’s a stark contrast to see Jakob being removed from the Harem’s mind at the Infirmary only to work his way deeper into Erin via Miriam, if that is truly what’s happening here
« Last Edit: November 07, 2023, 06:55:49 am by Sharque » Logged
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2023, 02:08:27 pm »

The reason I felt it was important that it appears Miriam never had the watch used on her was that I feel that memories of Jakob are not quite the same as the thing the watch has apparently been implanting. Although there was some interaction with Jakob in Miriam's mind, I think it all consisted of actual memories just being replayed. I'm guessing that this is not something that has ever happened to Miriam.

My guess is that this is actually happening in Erin's mind, in Erin's body. Erin has had the watch used on her. Jakob was there in her mind. Does the removal of her soul take him with it? Does it leave her with no mind at all? Obviously I've no idea. But it seems possible that Jakob is in there, in a mind that is essentially vacant and more or less unconscious. The first panel does seem to echo what Jakob was doing to Marliese in her mind. What I'm thinking is that maybe when Aiken arrives, there will be an Erin and a Jacqui that are apparently functioning and capable of deceiving him. My question then would be: what about Réka? As far as we know she hasn't had the watch used on her. Maybe that's why Miriam had to decide what she was going to do to Réka in 1314.

On the other hand Miriam was deciding what "we" could do to Réka. And what Jakob was doing to Marliese in her mind was echoed by what Miriam was doing to Réka in reality. So maybe this is happening in Miriam's mind. Maybe Blue Gloves is Miriam? Who knows?

Regardless, I'm liking this so far.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2023, 03:37:43 pm »

I'm just noting that the character list for this issue doesn't specify the doctor even though they are speaking. I think usually the speaker would be included, so the fact they are not implies their identity would be a spoiler.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2023, 09:49:01 am »

I'm just noting that the character list for this issue doesn't specify the doctor even though they are speaking. I think usually the speaker would be included, so the fact they are not implies their identity would be a spoiler.

While I like the way you think, I wouldn't read too much into it.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2023, 12:48:14 pm »

The doctor could be Erin. Or it could be an anonymous figment of someone's imagination.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2023, 07:03:07 pm »

It does seem to rule out Jakob, though, if the rules are consistent, since he was identified in the character list for the scene in Marliese's mind.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2023, 01:30:36 pm »

It does seem to rule out Jakob, though, if the rules are consistent, since he was identified in the character list for the scene in Marliese's mind.

Yeah, that could be true. To be honest I was assuming the same as you regarding the name not being given. The previous page initially didn't have any characters listed, which I took to be a means of avoiding the issue completely.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: