Mind Control Comics Forum
October 07, 2024, 03:25:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary #1077: “Unpromising Start”  (Read 2205 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: August 05, 2021, 12:02:15 am »

Script: Daphne • Line Art: Plutonian Knight • Colors and Lettering: Octavia Moon

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Vidor
Browser
Four Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2021, 07:11:47 pm »

You know, a couple months ago, I went back and reread St. James Infirmary from the beginning, having let my subscription lapse for quite some time.

I still have no idea what the revelation in this week's comic is.  Not completely sure who the person delivering the revelation is, either.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2021, 05:17:32 am »

I still have no idea what the revelation in this week's comic is.  Not completely sure who the person delivering the revelation is, either.

The revelation was delivered by Jacqui. Page 1074 shows her in the present time about to reveal something to Adrian and Miriam that they don't know. True to form for SJI, we don't see the revelation. Instead there's a resumption of the flashback for a couple of pages.

1075 shows Jacqui and Miel lying in bed together talking, in what the chronology would suggest is still September 1986.

1076 shows Patrick at that same time coming inside Melody, who shows every possible sign of being Erin's mother.

We've known for a long time that Adrian and Miriam are very close in age. But they evidently didn't know how close.

Pearl/Miriam is the daughter of Patrick and Jacqui.
Adrian is the son of Patrick and Miel.

Page 1077 confirms that they were conceived on the same day. Jacqui has also acknowledged that she and Miel were acting under Patrick's influence, at least in so far as their sexual relationship with each other went.

We don't see exactly what Jacqui's revelation was. However it triggers some discussion about the conceptions of Miriam and Adrian, so presumably it pertains to that.

My problem here is that when we see Jacqui throwing away her (I mean, I assume) contraceptive pills in 1077, she's dressed as she is in the flashback pages. That suggests that this act took place around the same day shown in 1075/6. In page 1075 Miel says she has news. If that news is what's being referred to when Adrian says "But if mom told you..." in 1077 then the timing here is very confusing.

Erin is almost two years older than Adrian and Miriam. And September 1986 is several months too early for Erin's conception, let alone Adrian's and Miriam's.

So if Miel's news was that she was pregnant, I really don't understand what's going on. But that's par for the course.

My suspicion is that Jacqui had been controlled by an outside force to get pregnant by Patrick, and that possibly Miel had been too. Miriam appears to have inherited some of Patrick's magic touch. Perhaps that's what someone was after. (Perhaps she was conceived first and prevented Adrian inheriting this.) It surely isn't just a coincidence that Jakob had contact with Miriam as she grew up, and wanted Erin for his harem too.
Vidor
Browser
Four Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2021, 02:10:01 pm »

Ah, well, I managed to completely miss that those other scenes were supposed to be happening 35 years ago or whatever.

I did know that Adrian and Miriam are half-siblings.  Which of course made the whole threesome with Jacqui some 100 comics ago even hotter.

So, to review, we don't actually know what was just revealed, but we think that Erin might *also* share a father with Adrian and Miriam?  Is that right?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: