Mind Control Comics Forum
October 06, 2024, 11:20:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary #810: “In Memory Yet Green”  (Read 5130 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: January 31, 2019, 01:01:32 am »

Written by: Daphne • Inks: Plutonian Knight • Colors and Lettering: Octavia Moon

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 01:44:49 am »

Wait, is this Vic's thing or Astrid's cult?

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 03:59:20 am »

Is this perhaps... a master bathroom? That just so happens to adjoin... the master bedroom? Now, stay with me here...
elenchos
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 06:56:24 am »

Wait, is this Vic's thing or Astrid's cult?

I have the same question.

Is this perhaps... a master bathroom? That just so happens to adjoin... the master bedroom? Now, stay with me here...

LOL
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 07:22:18 am »

yet green
Symbolizing Peace and happiness and represents nature
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2019, 12:51:13 pm »

This seems to be a common refrain.  Is this Kanti post Pink or Cait post-transformation?  It's gorgeous art and I'm interested to see where this goes, but I am demonstrably lost right now.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2019, 04:14:00 pm »

I'm not sure where the confusion comes from.  Going through back issues, I see the following characters who have headed 'into the pink' at the hotel:

• Vik and the receptionist (#775)
  • Cherry (#779)
  • The reporter, assumed to be Kanti (#780)
  • Erin and Aiken (#795-796)
  • Adrian (#797)

Inside, we have three thread of events:

• Adrian, Echo and the Watch (#799, #805, #808)
  • Cherry, Aiken and Erin (#801, #806, #809)
  • The dark-skinned woman (#803, #807, #810)

Given the inputs we've seen, I see no reason to assume the dark-skinned woman is anybody other than the reporter/Kanti.  She doesn't even really look much like Caitlyn; and the last time we saw Caitlyn back in #787 she was in no way connected with the Pink Monster.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2019, 12:36:42 pm »

• Vik and the receptionist (#775)

I'm inclined to think that Vik represented the pink entering the motel rather than him being someone who entered the pink, but what do I know?
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2019, 01:38:25 pm »

I'm inclined to think that Vik represented the pink entering the motel rather than him being someone who entered the pink, but what do I know?

Ok, fair point.  Although even there it isn't clear to me whether Vik is in charge or being worn like a skin suit.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2019, 02:52:58 pm »

Ok, fair point.  Although even there it isn't clear to me whether Vik is in charge or being worn like a skin suit.

The way I see it, The Cloud is using the knowledge it has absorbed from the brains it has "eaten" to present a recognisable scenario to its victims. Vik had previously used Pink Clouds on Patricia to get her to attempt to kill Julian (although that's something that still hasn't really been explained). I don't understand the rules by which this thing operates (it seems as though it could present itself as Vik before Patricia had actually entered it), but this is vaguely how I'm seeing what's going on. I still really don't understand what it was doing at the hospital though.

It's also worth noting that in 779 Cherry describes it as a thing she asked to come over, and it did.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: