Mind Control Comics Forum
September 19, 2024, 11:43:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary Guest Page 6: Not Even Past.  (Read 13229 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: October 16, 2012, 06:09:46 pm »

Art by PortalComic! Coming Saturday, October 20th.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Chettbaker
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

Reformed Spiritual Grifter

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 02:39:37 am »

If it's in reference to a Ben Fold Five song called Smoke,  Cool song.  Vivid lyrics and  The melody  and lyrics definitely sing of Autumn winds of change, transition, and moving on.  
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 05:00:38 am by Chettbaker » Logged
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 12:24:27 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 01:12:12 pm by GodWilling » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 12:06:48 am »

So Mal was a southern belle?  Huh?  Who was Charlotte?  She doesn't look like a younger sister, but maybe she is.  Unless Mallory's mother is more open-minded about relationships than education and work status, I doubt she'd have encouraged Mallory in her genuine early relationships.  I also don't know where the pop-up text is from.  Perhaps we can get a clarification/explanation on Charlotte from our author? Wink ;)Lyric and poetry experts, feel free to jump in any time.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 02:04:17 am »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 01:12:22 pm by GodWilling » Logged
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 02:18:52 am »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 01:12:30 pm by GodWilling » Logged
Garg22
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2012, 02:28:15 pm »

Huh, I'm beginning to wonder how many people know the secret of Willmont.  First three of Erins friends had looks of horror on their faces while one was looking way too smug not to know what was going to happen, now we have Mal's mother and sister/friend being freaked that she's going there.

I'm almost expecting Adrians ex girlfriend to show up because her current master moved into town.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2012, 07:10:01 pm »

I think you're misreading the horror and smguness in both situations.  I think Erin's friends from her crew were sad that she was moving 1500 miles away, not that she was going into danger.  As to how much the smirking blackshirt actually knew, we haven't covered that yet.

I think Charlotte and Mommy Dearest were upset because Mallory dared to go against the family wishes (Charlotte who was locked into Tulane was probably disappointed that Mal wouldn't be there; Mal's mother disapproved because Mal refused to cooperate with the life path she'd already set out for her).  It's possible that soem rumors of Wilmot are out there, and maybe a couple of these people have friends of friends of friends who share whispers about Wilmot, but this feels more like disappointment, loss, and the foiled desire to control than genuine fear.  Of course, I could be wrong.

I have advanced at other points (or thought I had) a theory that Adrian's ex was controlling him with suggestion or was under the mesmeric control of her new boyfriend when she broke Adrian's heart, problematizing the idea of a harem for Adrian.  Maybe some or all of this is true.  Maybe none of it.  We don't know what Adrian's qualms are because he hasn't been in a situation to open up to anyone about it yet.  Maybe this is forthcoming.  Maybe it will be important in a contest between the perfume(s) and The Watch.  *braces against PK's Beast Growl* "Then again, maybe not." Wink
Chettbaker
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 03:26:44 am »

Then again, Maybe Willmont just has a bad reputation because its well... Willmont.  Like Rutgers used to have in the mid 90s.  I mean from the view we've had of the town so far, it doesn't exactly look metropolitan.
Airfield a few clicks out of town, mountains in the distance, Id almost say it reminds me of Stars Hollow... and yes I watched Gilmore Girls. Lauren Graham was hot!  Except with slightly less quirk and slightly lots more kink.   Geographically I'd place it midway (or somewhere) between Ottawa and Montreal. 
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 10:55:15 am »

Isn't it supposed to be in New Hampshire or Vermont?
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2012, 12:08:41 pm »

Isn't it supposed to be in New Hampshire or Vermont?

New Hampshire.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Chettbaker
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2012, 03:54:26 pm »

my bad.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2012, 09:14:31 pm »

I like the Star's Hollow comparison, but with Kearsage as a slightly more developed New England university hamlet instead of the prototypical small town.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: