Mind Control Comics Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:57:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary #1387: “Help Around the House.”  (Read 163 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: May 10, 2024, 04:27:48 pm »

Script: Daphne • Line Art: Plutonian Knight • Colors and Lettering: Octavia Moon

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
lancehunter
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2024, 08:02:05 am »

Just curious if anyone has any posts or previous issues that better break down the Pearl/Miriam name situation. (I should probably eventually just bite the bullet and start reading from issue 1.)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2024, 08:55:15 am »

Just curious if anyone has any posts or previous issues that better break down the Pearl/Miriam name situation. (I should probably eventually just bite the bullet and start reading from issue 1.)

It's not super-complicated, so I'll handle this one. :-)  The name she was given at birth (by Jacqui) was Pearl.  She changed her name to Miriam at some not-yet-specified point.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2024, 07:13:09 am »

(I should probably eventually just bite the bullet and start reading from issue 1.)
There's no need to do anything that drastic - Miriam doesn't appear until page 84...

I'll just add that obviously Miriam is a Hebrew name (it may or may not be worth checking the meanings and origins). Pearl fell out with her mother, Jacqui, and the name change apparently occurred subsequent to that. The man she believed to be her biological father, Ezra, is Jewish. She's doing Jewish Studies at Wilmot.

It may or may not be relevant that she was still Pearl when Jacqui was with Q. Q doesn't appear to be aware of her name change. Q was involved with Yves and Sawyer back then in the first wave of Pink Clouds activity. (Miriam makes her first appearance immediately after Laura becomes the first woman to inhale the new Pink Clouds - so maybe start on page 83.) Possibly Yves and/or Sawyer are unaware of her change of name too. Or maybe Jacqui's somehow driving the dream narrative now and she wants Pearl back as Pearl. Or maybe all of this plan - if it is a plan - pre-dates her change of name.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: