Mind Control Comics Forum
May 15, 2024, 11:11:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 137: No Time to Explain.  (Read 8553 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: November 23, 2012, 09:11:20 am »

It's up!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 09:21:06 am »

Yay! Grin  But, um, what's with Amy's concept of personal space? Huh Wink  If she'd cracked wise at the information overload, Hayley might have responded "That was quite a momentous purchase, last weekend!" or something.  But, I...sorry, that interaction is still a little muddling.  Does Hayley know Jacqui?  Presumably of the group, she knows Marliese best because both sisters work with her in the same building and the dispensary is adjoined to the medical clinic.

ETA--Ookay.  Sorry about that.  Might I advise being careful about using Flashdance tops in this series, they can give very dangerous impressions.  Speaking of--is Hayley settling down for the night, getting ready to go out, or somewhere in between? Huh That doesn't strike me as clothing she'd wear to her job.  The slacks are too casual for a "night out," but the top is too formal for it to have become lounge-around-the-house clothes.  The ensemble sure doesn't seem like pajamas.  Sorry, still confused.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 09:32:07 am by jmundt29 » Logged
mi_english
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 09:31:56 am »

Hayley's righteous indignation would have a lot more heft if she wasn't standing there braless in a tank top that shows her obvious attributes.  Not that *I'm* complaining about it, but she obviously knew that sis was bringing back this guy of whom she did not approve, and she stands there with her shirt practically falling off?  Moral highground is hard enough to keep, without trying to hold it half-exposed.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 09:43:14 am »

I couldn't figure out what she was planning to do, as you can see from my previous post.  How does she know Jacqui, by the way?  Jacqui has very little interaction on campus.  Seems she talked to Erin and Jacqui and Caitlyn.  Now, Cait I can understand because she has a standing appointment with Zenon and would visit the dispensary occasionally.  Erin, not so much.  Incidentally--how did Zenon and Derek the Moron miss Erin in their search?  Jacqui is a puzzle.  Now, if Amy had shared details of her frolic with Jacuqi and Laura the previous evening with her sister, I can understand Jacuqi coming up in conversation, but no Laura or Marli?  You'd think she'd be on good professional and personal terms with Marliese.

Is Hayley the more conservative twin (despite her taste in attire)? Huh
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 10:09:51 am »

Hayley's righteous indignation would have a lot more heft if she wasn't standing there braless in a tank top that shows her obvious attributes.

I don't know; it is her place, after all.  (But I'm not complaining about her choice of attire either.)

re: jmundt's post - Hayley works with Marliese, who is in a relationship with Mallory.  Mallory and Erin would both be known around campus, with one in a service position (librarian) and the other an actor.  Jacqui certainly knows them well enough to ask if she can come over to file a tax return in the rainstorm.  Amy is (was?) dating Laura's lab partner.

I was at a much larger campus, and there were certainly webs of relationships like this (minus the MC) this complex where everyone knew each other.  In a small college town, the odds go up dramatically that people know each other.

I think this issue's importance lies in the fact that Adrian's getting around is starting to become noticed and remarked upon.  I would see it as weird if my lesbian co-worker and her girlfriend started going out with some guy who is also dating my sister who should be out with her actual boyfriend.  So, from Hayley's point of view, I think it's entirely reasonable to be wondering what the hell is going on.
mi_english
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 11:05:56 am »

I agree with her *stance*, just questioning her clothes as she takes the stance.  The larger issue here is if and how the 'harem' can keep people from talking about the arrangement.  As I remember it, they were to all act as if they weren't controlled, but nothing was said about hiding the number of people who Adrian is apparently dating.  But sisters, friends, parents (Dani's dad is gonna be really pleased), daughters will all have to wonder, IF the harem members don't do a better job of maintaining the illusion of free will.  That being said, most sisters would be defiant as she was with Hayley from a 'mind your own f***ing business' point of view.  And I LOVE Adrian's attidude - a helpless shrug while he takes a look down Hayley's top.  LOL.
Prezfevr18
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 11:30:16 am »

So am I the only one who thought this page was funny?
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 11:31:09 am »

I certainly hope not!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2012, 11:45:28 am »

Yes, the exchange is humorous Grin, but as stated earlier, the discussion is complicated by situation and attire.  Erin might be fairly well known as an actress, and as I said, I'm sure Hayley knows Marliese quite well, but the information she has is almost as interesting and confusing as the gaps in her information.

I think the General has a whole host of other problems before he ever gets around to Adrian, though that might be an interesting conversation in the future.

My question about Hayley being the "conservative" twin also has to do with her dating experience.  Remember, Amy was giving Jacqui and Laura a...tutorial of sorts...not too long ago.  Is she more adventurous than her twin?  We know that they live together and they work in different capacities at the clinic, but beyond that, we know next to nothing about Hayley.
raven
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2012, 11:46:31 am »

amusing Smiley
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2012, 11:47:25 am »

Funniest in quite a while.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2012, 12:42:02 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 01:31:46 pm by GodWilling » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: