Mind Control Comics Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:42:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Actual Physical Comics?  (Read 6712 times)
wcw43921
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

« on: June 30, 2015, 09:07:44 pm »

There's a quote around the internet that's been attributed to Stan "The Man" Lee--and while it's very doubtful he actually said it, I happen to agree with it--

"Comics are like boobs. They look great on a computer but I'd rather hold one in my hand."

Honestly--who wouldn't?

With that in mind, have you ever entertained the notion of publishing physical copies of any of the Mind Control Comics?  You know, the kind that you actually could buy in a comics store?  I'm thinking it could be another way to generate revenue, and a rather nifty way to me, at least.  And, of course, it's another way to generate attention for Mind Control Comics, as well as Mind Control Theatre.  Plus, we'd get to see the X-rated versions of those Hypno-Coin and "Hypnotize With Any TV Set" ads.  Grin

Granted, anyone who really wants a physical copy of any of your comics could always print one out on their home computer, but I do think there are those collectors out there who would truly appreciate a professionally printed, neatly bound and presented version of your comics.

It's possible that you've considered the idea already and rejected it.  That's fine, I suppose--you certainly don't need my help to successfully run your business.  I just think it's a good idea.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 09:26:12 pm »

We've thought about it, and we'd certainly love to. The problem is finding a comic print-on-demand printer that is willing to handle explicit content; we wouldn't sell enough to do a traditional print run. If we find such a printer, we might well do it!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Geo
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 11:23:22 pm »

Love to see a 3D printing of Beyond Rubies.
ozymandias
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Llama llama duck

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 12:10:51 pm »

You'd have trouble holding it. It'd have to sit on the floor, or something else that's really really rigid.
HarryManBack
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Art Monkey

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 12:22:40 pm »

Issue 1 needs a facelift pretty badly before that, I think.
sohta123
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 07:57:58 pm »

Issue 1 needs a facelift pretty badly before that, I think.

Odd. I think issue 1 is about my favorite overall for artwork, coloring, and content.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: