Mind Control Comics Forum
May 31, 2024, 04:38:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 180: Plots and Plans.  (Read 10626 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: April 14, 2013, 06:31:10 pm »

Coming Tuesday, April 16th!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 08:51:04 pm »

This description sounds like Q, but it could also be Zenon operating without a receptionist, Claudia trying to determine a next move while Derek crashes the truck, or Johannes and Papa "Nasty" Kuppler devising their own strategy for recovering the Watch.

OR, it could be Rain revealing the whole board.
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 01:38:53 pm »

This title potentially fits every single character we've seen (and, probably some we haven't - for example, Mrs. Uppsala is probably plotting the theft of library books).  After the plot-free wonderfulness of the past couple of issues, I suppose a return to the story might be required.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 01:51:24 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 03:03:33 pm by GodWilling » Logged
Chettbaker
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

Reformed Spiritual Grifter

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 06:13:25 pm »

If only the title were plots and points; I would have said Treasure Map!
As is,  my guess is that we will finally see the face of the Clinic hypnotist and his snow white greasy handlebar moustache!!  He looks like Mark Twain and speaks just as smooth (the silver tongued Devil!!!)... That or its board game night and everyone has their 20 sided dice ready for a full on geek fest ready to raid the castle, save the princess and .. stuff!

P.S.  please let one of the villains monologue.  Especially while raising their hand in the air in front of them( in a classic villain monologuing pose) like they are crushing a small  invisible grapefruit in their grip.
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 05:48:31 am »

My only confusion here is whether panel 2 is talking about Vikram or about Adrian; at first I thought it must be about Vik because Q and Kanti start talking about "he" and "him", not being able to make more.  Presumably only a chemist would be able to recreate pink clouds?  But after, the conversation is definitely about getting into the Infirmary to get rid of Adrian's stash - which, of course, doesn't exist.

Given that Kanti has volunteered for this duty, here's my prediction:  Dani comes across Kanti ransacking the place, grabs the watch, and all of a sudden Q's girlfriend becomes totally devoted to Adrian, thus increasing both Q's and Vik's enmity to him.

Lastly, in many ways I find Q's lying to Kanti here worse than what he actually did to her.  I've never found him particularly villainous before now, but somehow that lie has done more to shift my opinion of him than anything else we've seen him do.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 10:45:57 am by Werdna » Logged
Chettbaker
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

Reformed Spiritual Grifter

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 06:17:36 am »

Lastly, i many ways I find Q's lying to Kanti here worse than what he actually did to her.  I've never found him particularly villainous before now, but somehow that lie has done more to shift my opinion of him than anything else we've seen him do.

I totally agree.  The lying part here makes him a total scoundrel!  This only adding to his nefarious plans. I really hope he gets his comeuppance!  Have I mentioned I've been reading waaay too much steam punk recently? 

As always, great artwork and amazing story!
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 10:23:31 am »

He tends to flip back and forth, but this is definitely more of his ugly side coming out.

I was screaming about him during his perfume adventure and then he had the pauses where he thought about just disposing of it...and I cut him some slack.  Mistake.

I hope Q sends Kanti in alone and Dani or Mallory intercept her with the Watch as has been previously suggested.  I hope his comeuppance is much worse than a nose broken multiple times in the same day.

On a side note, what business does Pearl have in the chem lab?  That's her purple bandanna and...distinctive sillhouette in the background of...is it panel 2?  Nope, panel 3.
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 10:45:43 am »

Good catch on Pearl/Miriam!  By now one would have thought that I would pay more attention to the background of every single scene.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2013, 12:22:25 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 03:03:45 pm by GodWilling » Logged
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2013, 03:17:27 pm »

Lastly, i many ways I find Q's lying to Kanti here worse than what he actually did to her.  I've never found him particularly villainous before now, but somehow that lie has done more to shift my opinion of him than anything else we've seen him do.

I totally agree.  The lying part here makes him a total scoundrel!  This only adding to his nefarious plans. I really hope he gets his comeuppance!  Have I mentioned I've been reading waaay too much steam punk recently? 

Thirded on that one.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
powerpossum
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2013, 03:54:00 am »

Thirded on that one.

Thanks, you guys!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: