Mind Control Comics Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:15:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Songs for characters  (Read 6542 times)
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« on: November 22, 2014, 12:41:18 pm »

SJI has a very big theme of music and song in it, and I'm the kind of person who, when thinking about the comic and listening to music, can't help but find connections between the themes of a character and a song. This song (Foreign Language by Flight Facilities) seems to hit on a lot of Dani's notes (the music video itself being interesting, but unrelated). Any of the rest of you got songs that remind you of the other characters? Daphne, especially, if you had some insight, it might be nice. ;-)

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 12:56:39 pm »

What a fun topic!

Well, there's one in-canon already: Erin's always been strongly associated with "Dancing Barefoot" by Patti Smith. Although Erin herself would never admit to liking it, "Jig of Life" by Kate Bush also has a lot to do with her.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 01:29:43 pm »

For some reason Get Well Soon by Sarabeth Tucek always makes me think of Rain.
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 02:41:34 pm »

For some reason Get Well Soon by Sarabeth Tucek always makes me think of Rain.

Huh. I'd literally never heard of this woman before. Link doesn't work for me though, might be a country thing.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 05:57:03 pm »

"Take 5" for Adrian? Grin
powerpossum
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 05:39:39 am »

This is a great topic! Sometimes when I'm drawing different characters, I'll get a song in my head. These aren't right on-the-money character-wise, but they're what I get on my involuntary mental playlist:

Dani: Black (Pearl Jam - and I have no idea how that got in there or why, but it always associates for me)
Erin: Bad Reputation (Joan Jett and the Blackhearts - I know she's already got Dancing Barefoot, but the bouncy snarlyness of it feels Erin-ish)
Mallory: Sort of a weird cacophonous medley of They Might Be Giants songs.
Claudia: Wish (Nine Inch Nails)
Derek: In Bloom (Nirvana, and mostly just the chorus)
Jacqui: Rocket Queen (Guns n' Roses) AND Alone (Heart)
Adrian: No More Mr. Nice Guy (Alice Cooper. But he likes it ironically.)
Sue: Don't Stop Believin' (Journey - she knows someday she'll get back in this book)

That's what I get - nonsensical or not!
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 10:47:30 am »

Link doesn't work for me though, might be a country thing.
Increasingly the case with YT - but then that's about people getting paid, so... Unfortunately it was the only post of the studio version. (I'm sure as an American the last thing she wants is the massive US market hearing her music.)

This would be my song for Erin: Mademoiselle K - Final (It's not 12 minutes long.)

Adrian: No More Mr. Nice Guy (Alice Cooper. But he likes it ironically.)
I think, to be fair, it was kind of made that way too.
EDIT: Just watching German TV on satellite and this has just come on on Disco 73. Spooky.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 11:44:15 am by GodWilling » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: