Mind Control Comics Forum
May 15, 2024, 02:14:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary #1388: “Bed and Breakfast”  (Read 139 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: May 13, 2024, 12:04:14 am »

Script: Daphne • Line Art: Plutonian Knight • Colors and Lettering: Octavia Moon

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Sharque
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2024, 04:11:45 am »

May not be connected, but does it strike anyone else as odd that this is basically an inversion of how Kanti’s dream went, with Erin as the wife and Miriam as the freeuse slut/girlfriend?
lancehunter
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2024, 05:34:17 am »

That's an interesting point. I was about to comment on how this comic almost makes it seem like Erin is fighting back in her own way by turning the fantasy she is trapped in into a trap for Miriam. Call this the "Miriam v Erin Mind Duel" theory.

But the kind of inversion you're pointing out does lean more towards the theory that there is some other force behind the scenes. An echo of Jakob or another controller (whoever dosed Kanti?) or maybe just the Clouds/Perfume having a will of its own pushing to make certain things happen...
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2024, 03:04:23 pm »

By the by, I was re-reading Kanti's dream the other day. It starts with Laura as a gift for Q, but then there's a surprising amount of focus on Erin, who has been recruited - by her own assessment - as a whore who'll do anything Q wants, anytime, anywhere. And then Miriam turns up, and Kanti reveals that Q can marry Miriam and have children with her, while Kanti remains his mistress.

So it's kind of like the roles of Erin and Miriam in Kanti's dream have been reversed in their own dreams (if they can be said to be their own dreams).

I'm a little worried that Erin's dress is morphing into some kind of nurse's uniform. If that's the intention, I suppose it would still mean that she was under the doctor's command at least. But if it means she's going to come out of this less of a victim than Miriam, that would be very disappointing.

A problem we definitely do face now is that we have another specific dream, possibly being dreamed by both Erin and Miriam, where we have a relationship being laid out between those two specific women. Where can this go in the real world? Where does Aiken's dream of controlling specifically Erin go? Will Aiken turn up in this dream? There are currently only two male roles available. Previously I figured he might be being lined up as the husband; I hope he isn't already the doctor.

Anyway, if this is programming, it's too specific to be acted upon in some other way. Erin being a slave to the doctor while paying (literal) lip service to her husband is workable, adaptable in the real world. It's hard to see how Erin introducing cock-crazy Miriam to her husband while she does the dishes can be turned into something other than what we're seeing here.

And that tends to suggest to me that this is never going to be acted upon in the real word. And the increasing sense that that isn't going to happen is draining all the heat out of this. But it does indeed seem more likely at this point that this is going to resolve itself within the dream.
lancehunter
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: Today at 01:32:20 pm »

I dunno, I think Erin switching it up on Miriam and somehow ending up in control of the fantasy would be pretty hot. As for how any of this could be adapted to the real SJI world, I guess I never expected this to become the "new normal". Adrian is still on the way with the new-and-improved watch. Presumably that will be what closes this chapter and gets us to the new state of things.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: