Mind Control Comics Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:09:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's happening with the comics - so many unfinished?  (Read 12188 times)
Sane Scientist
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

Fan of all things MC

« on: December 01, 2010, 09:31:13 am »

I've lost count of the number of comics where there is no finality. Here's a few where they're either labelled as issue 1, or have a 'to be continued on the last page of the comic.

• Martian Harem
  • The Hidden Knowledge
  • Drains
  • Beyond Rubies
  • Stream

There's also a few comics where I'm not even sure if they've ended or not - there's no 'the end' or 'to be continued'.

Please can you provide some sort of feedback on what's happening on these unfinished comics as it's really getting annoying, especially when you start running other comics while there're so many current ones?
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 11:20:42 am »

Well, so, it's like this:

1. We received strong feedback to do more drawn comics, so we did.
2. But drawn comics take a long time to produce, and,
3. It really only makes sense for the same artist to do all the installments of a multi-part comic, but,
4. We have a weekly update schedule.

Thus, there will be a delay between installments of an individual title. Sorry about that! We're peddling as fast as we can over here. Smiley

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Sane Scientist
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

Fan of all things MC

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 11:30:38 am »

Thank you for the reply.

So these comics haven't just stopped being worked on? What about comics like Martian Harem that haven't had an update in months? Will there ever be updates to these comics, or do you wait until the apparent thirst for drawn comics has died down, and then go back to the ones you never finished?

I'd rather that there be some clearer indication of what comics will be updated when, rather than the ad-hoc basis that it is right now. I appreciate that you can't put dates against updates to avoid disappointment but, you're actually disappointing by having a hodge podge of different comics coming out at different times with no real clear schedule of what users should expect (apart from that it'll be released on a Wednesday, or Sunday if we're incredibly lucky).

Damned if you do, and damned if you don't, huh?! Wink
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 11:46:09 am »

I'd rather that there be some clearer indication of what comics will be updated when, rather than the ad-hoc basis that it is right now.

We'd love that, too, but we're not yet at the point that we can commit to release schedules. We could do what the big comic companies do, and just promise dates and then have them come and go with barely an "oops," but I don't think that's much of an improvement. Smiley

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
sohta123
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 08:01:01 pm »

Just use the 'Mr Scott rule'.
Display title schedules with way too much lead time. Then if you're done early you look like a miracle worker. Shocked

robbie73_
Browser
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 12:47:24 pm »

Daphne, It takes a lot longer to HAND draw comics, even the RENDERED ones take TIME, so as we must do in life(at the market, post office, bank etc) JUST WAIT, as they say ALL GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT, and your stories and comics are VERY GOOD INDEED!!!
Sane Scientist
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

Fan of all things MC

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 10:36:56 am »

Daphne, It takes a lot longer to HAND draw comics, even the RENDERED ones take TIME, so as we must do in life(at the market, post office, bank etc) JUST WAIT, as they say ALL GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT, and your stories and comics are VERY GOOD INDEED!!!

Yes, you're RIGHT. In the meantime I'll JUST have to wait and spend my time writing posts on forums, emphasising WORDS that really don't NEED emphasising.  Wink
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 01:58:38 pm »

Now, now, everyone play nice.

The rules are:

1. Once we know for sure when a comic will come out, it's on the calendar.
2. If a comic has not been explicitly ended, either because it was a one-shot or we've announce its retirement, it's still on-going.
3. There is no rule 3.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: