Mind Control Comics Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:43:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: How do you feel about storylines with conflicting controllers.  (Voting closed: May 01, 2021, 11:36:28 am)
Conflict is the essence of fiction. - 6 (22.2%)
Neutral… it's all MC, after all. - 14 (51.9%)
No thanks. I don't want that kind of dispute. - 7 (25.9%)
Total Voters: 27

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dueling Controllers!  (Read 10833 times)
zerocross
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2021, 07:43:28 pm »

Oh, that's interesting. You're saying that if I know a character really deeply, even a minor change feels big; but if the character is really just a stereotype ("haughty blonde"), then the change needs to be huge for the audience to feel it. Makes sense!

Exactly. And after a while, stories where characters aren't really developed but they're zapped to be completely mindless drones get old.

I wished more stories had less powerful mind control and we saw the subjects aware of the changes, fighting against the effects of a conditioning that goes strickly against who they are. Too many are about superficial characters becoming obedient slaves in the matter of paragraphs.
Milkwood
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2021, 04:56:19 am »

Personally I think most protagonists are amoral and some use their subjects for immoral purposes but very few have an endgame in mind and that is why most stories seem to run out of steam and are left in limbo or just keep repeating the same scenario over and over.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: