Mind Control Comics Forum
September 15, 2024, 01:05:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 122: After the Rain  (Read 19913 times)
elbenton
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Insert clever phrase or quotation here.

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2012, 03:37:56 pm »

Then there's Patti Smith...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoGdx3I3dPE
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2012, 03:39:14 pm »

The Patti Smith version really is the definitive one (she wrote the song, after all). These particular lyrics are the 10,000 Maniacs cover, which are slightly different from the original.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
elbenton
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Insert clever phrase or quotation here.

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2012, 03:49:18 pm »

Yes, I noticed the differences in the lyrics.  As much as I like Natalie Merchant, I like Patti Smith's (original) version of the song better.
Chettbaker
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

Reformed Spiritual Grifter

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2012, 05:28:06 pm »

I'm with jmundt29 on this one curious about Rains role in all this.  She definitely seems like a woman who can push things in the direction she wants. And yes  When Jacqui says Master.  Just the way her head is tilted and the resistance she gives.  No collar in sight but the way she reacts there might as well have been.  Very Hot!  I'm also wondering if "Dancing Barefoot" also by Patti Smith (covered by U2 for the threesome soundtrack) will ever be used. The lyrics seem somewhat... appropriate.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 06:01:06 pm by Chettbaker » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2012, 06:25:34 pm »

And...I have egg on my face AGAIN! Wink  I had a comp prof. who loved Natalie Merchant, but she favored Ophelia.  This is the tune I most associate with that artist (even though it's a cover).
mi_english
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2012, 03:49:40 pm »

Nobody is going to mention that Bruce Springsteen wrote the song (Patti Smith ADDED to it) and has his own amazing version (one I was fortunate to see blisteringly live in Chicago this past month?)  Hey, I'm all for Patti Smith, but credit where credit's due...
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: