Mind Control Comics Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:13:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Site Problems, Monday 11-24-2014  (Read 15880 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: November 25, 2014, 01:20:11 am »

Sorry for the problems the site has been having this evening. Some delightful people were doing dictionary attacks against the login URL, and that was swamping the system.

For now, ONLY this URL works to log in. It's the one you should be using, anyway.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
lion93
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 12:51:58 am »

I had to go through the free sample page, through the 'buy a membership' and then hit the 'if you already are a member' button before I could get in.  Lost Weekend 3 was worth it, but I was worried!

t.
darcon357
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2014, 07:58:00 am »

this URL isn't working  I get a system error code of 500
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2014, 08:42:33 am »

this URL isn't working  I get a system error code of 500

Works for me.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
darcon357
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2014, 10:32:31 am »

just tried again   still not working same error code
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2014, 10:34:46 am »

just tried again   still not working same error code

Clear our any mindcontrolcomics.com-related cookies, and try again. We're getting lots of logins, so we don't see a problem on our end.

darcon357
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2014, 10:41:01 am »

Deleted cookies and history and still get the same error. I am at a loss for a solution.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2014, 10:48:50 am »

Deleted cookies and history and still get the same error. I am at a loss for a solution.

Try that cookie deletion again. It's clearly a corrupted cookie, looking at our logs.

darcon357
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2014, 02:56:23 pm »

tried cookie and history deletion   still have no access.   never had this happen before.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2014, 03:02:05 pm »

tried cookie and history deletion   still have no access.   never had this happen before.

We'll keep looking at it, but we're able to successfully log in using your account information, so we're inclined to think it's something about your browser. Of course, you shouldn't get a 500 error, but we're still seeing the same bad cookie entries in the log as before.

darcon357
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2014, 03:02:21 pm »

I love your web site. I just saw I was charged for the month and now this happens.   I love you Daphne but this non access sucks.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2014, 03:03:46 pm »

I love your web site. I just saw I was charged for the month and now this happens.   I love you Daphne but this non access sucks.

We're able to log into your account. We've received no reports of any other problems from any other customers. We're seeing lots of logins from other customers. We have to conclude it's something with your browser.

I just made a code change that might fix the problem, and rebuilt the CMS' database; I've also dropped a note to the vendor to see if there is a workaround that will help. But, really, you're sure you've cleared the cookies?

Since this is specific to your account, please drop us a note at orders@mindcontroltheatre.com if you continue to have problems.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 03:33:50 pm by Daphne » Logged

darcon357
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2014, 03:40:06 pm »

That fixed it.  Thank you so much.  Daphne I would gladly bear your children.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2014, 03:42:37 pm »

That fixed it.  Thank you so much.  Daphne I would gladly bear your children.

Yay! Nothing I like more than a quick monkey-patch to someone else's horrible PHP code on Christmas. Smiley

darcon357
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2014, 03:44:47 pm »

Still Thank you. Merry Christmas to you.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: