Mind Control Comics Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:09:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Current Payment Processing Status  (Read 35371 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: March 23, 2012, 03:07:10 pm »

We're starting this thread so that people can keep track of how to give us money. Unless otherwise noted, this applies to both MCC and MCT.

As of today, you can pay using Visa-branded credit and debit cards only. MasterCard-branded cards don't work. We're super-sorry about this, but as usual, out of our hands.

If you've tried to renew in the last couple of days and gotten a "200: Bad Signature" message, that problem appears to be fixed.

We're continuing to work on payment options, and have some things in the pipeline. Thank you, as always, for your patience and support.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jlpicrdh
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 12:36:01 pm »

So the MasterCard thing, is that something that your processor is working on, or are you going to have to find a new processor for that? Sad
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 12:40:04 pm »

So the MasterCard thing, is that something that your processor is working on, or are you going to have to find a new processor for that? Sad

To be totally honest, it is very unlikely we will ever be able to accept MasterCard-branded credit cards in the future.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jlpicrdh
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 12:52:35 pm »

Sad Time to go buy one of those prepaid Visas then. Really sad that there's so much trouble over this. Oh well, at least there's something. Better than the garbage you had to go through last year.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 01:09:38 pm »

We're working on a couple of solutions that might side-step the whole problem. And, in a way, being too-hot-for-MasterCard is a badge of pride. Smiley

jlpicrdh
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 01:49:55 pm »

And, in a way, being too-hot-for-MasterCard is a badge of pride. Smiley
There's certainly a delicious irony in a brand called MasterCard having a problem with a site like this. Smiley
Snake
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 04:06:56 pm »

how Huh
 it says that I'm not in the future to continue to pay down the MasterCard can?  Cry
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 04:55:29 pm »

how Huh
 it says that I'm not in the future to continue to pay down the MasterCard can?  Cry

To answer the question I think you asked: No, we are no longer able to accept MasterCard for any membership or download purchase. This was not our decision, of course!

Snake
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 05:56:55 pm »

ouch
There will be only one payment card or are there other ways other than Visa?
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2012, 07:20:02 pm »

ouch
There will be only one payment card or are there other ways other than Visa?

Right now, Visa cards are the only option. We're working on alternatives!

tdougla
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2012, 09:53:45 pm »

Just as an fyi for people who don't have a Visa card and don't want to open a new account.  I was able to renew my subscription using a Virtual Pre-paid card from https://www.entropay.com/

Fees seem reasonable, about 5% when you load the card and a flat rate fee if you transfer money back off without making a purchase.  It let me use my Mastercard to load the card, though I did have to confirm with my bank that I was authorizing the transaction.

((Disclaimer:  I am not affiliated with this company in any way.  Daphne, if this is post is a problem I'll be glad to remove it, just wanted to let some people know how I solved the problem without dinging my credit score by opening another credit account.))
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2012, 10:24:08 pm »

Wow, thank you!

Snake
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2012, 04:12:48 am »

oh wow thank tdougla

my lifesaver  Cheesy Grin Cheesy

With best regards Snake
jlpicrdh
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2012, 01:07:29 am »

I used the service suggested on here. It worked great. Before I did that however, I went out and purchased a Visa prepaid card. That didn't work so great. For some reason, it was declined. I'm not sure why, but if you don't have a visa, be careful going with a prepaid card. My guess is that the processor is not US based, and this particular card is limited to US based only.

Ran into trouble trying to get my rent paid this month too - way too many hoops. You'd think it would be easier to get someone to be able to take your money. Crooks do it all the time, why can't honest people? Tongue
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2012, 10:20:00 am »

I really can't emphasize this one enough: If you are using a standard Visa-branded credit card or debit card, and you are getting a "Decline" result, you need to contact your bank. They do not give us any information as to why the card was declined, and the usual reason is a security hold, since our processor is in Europe. We can't fix that; you need to call your bank.

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: