Mind Control Comics Forum
May 15, 2024, 02:10:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmiry being posted on other sites  (Read 5791 times)
robbie73_
Browser
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« on: October 23, 2011, 11:43:02 am »

OK Daphne, I will "vent my spleen" about finding SJI and a cover by HBH on another site other than the MC Forum.

When I started with MCC, as a charter member, I was under the impression that as you advertised "this material is EXCLUSIVE to our site, Mind Control Comics, so if you like what you see, subscribe to the site.

After all the problems you have had, credit card processing etc, you were finally able to resolve these problems and are back in business, which I am very happy for you and Henri, however when I find your comics on another site, MC Forum is fine, since it has a place dedicated to "Products and Services" and you posted SJI and Harry's cover for a new comic, which is fine since it might get more people to subscribe to MCC,(marketing), but the Hypnopics collective has no such area, and my question is WHY do so when you may or may not get any revenue from the people who log onto the collective website???

You even said, some time ago,"if you find our comics on another site, please let us know,so we can correct it", looks like you counterdicted yourself on that one Daphne, but it is your site, and you will run it as you see fit, as I said before, just my opinions.
HarryManBack
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Art Monkey

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 11:57:18 am »

Uh, that's not a Beyond Rubies "cover". 
It's an ad. 
Specifically designed to advertise the website and hook people into following the image back to it's source so that they will hopefully decide to buy a subscription.
I've posted it in several areas across the fandom to help get traffic back up now that the site is back online.

The "if you find the comics blah blah blah" is more for people ripping the site's contents and posting them on other sites, which inevitably happens on the internet.
I don't see how it applies to Daphne, the content's owner, using it for whatever purposes she sees fit.  I mean, it was under HER NAME, I don't see how anyone could confuse it.

SJI is already on the public MCforum.  I don't see how posting it to the Collective is any different, especially since it's already out there. 

Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 11:57:39 am »

I believe I answer most of this here.

Giving away some free content to promote a site is standard, normal, and good marketing. The SJis that are posted on the MCF are delayed by twenty or more issues; you have to be a subscriber to get the most recent issues. The Hypno-Pics Collective version is even more delayed. Every comic has our URL burned into it, so it's promotion whether or not there is a specific "products and services" section.

You've never had to be a subscriber to get the covers, so it's not like we're giving away anything new there.

The ads were commissioned specifically promote MCC. Of course they are being posted widely; I mean, they're ads. Can you imagine a car company saying, "We're doing these great ads, but you can only watch them on the in-car DVD player once you've bought the car"?

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: