Mind Control Comics Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:37:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 86: ... or perhaps a disinfectant.  (Read 17785 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: May 17, 2012, 02:37:17 pm »

Coming tomorrow!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 05:26:24 pm »

Okay, I'm hoping against hope this is the issue that has Jacqui and Adrian and that we haven't flipped back to Lauren and Vikram.  As interesting as the new thread might be, seeing a successful (I hope it's successful) coupling between Jacqui and Adrian would be excellent.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 07:03:35 am by jmundt29 » Logged
elbenton
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

Insert clever phrase or quotation here.

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 12:07:22 am »

Uh oh...looks like Adrian and Jacqui's back-room tryst is about to be interrupted, maybe by "the daughter".
OctaviaMoon
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

Artist & Colorist

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 04:26:10 am »

mmmmmmmm......coupling Smiley

Octavia Moon - Writer, Artist, Letterer - In Season, Unleashed, Tannhauser Twins, Friend Zone.
Colorist/Letterer - Saint James Infirmary, Domina, Rapid Inductions

Find me on www.patreon.com/octaviamoon
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 06:32:40 am »

Oh, NOW I call foul!!! Angry Angry Angry Angry

Look, I'm happy the chemist's look is evolving and that there's still some mystery with sample 49.  However, we finally have Jacqui and Adrian together and all we hear is background noise?!!! Angry  And in only one panel!!  The first coupling with Marli was background noise, back in Issues #53 and #54--but that was after the mystery pleasure, the seduction programming, and the kiss.  We haven't had a chance to see any of that buildup with Jacqui and Adrian.

Even the prospect of learning Dom's real name and seeing her revealed much sooner than expected does not compensate for this!!!

Perhaps we need to flash back to "20 minutes ago" from that last panel for the next issue and have most of it be Jacqui and Adrian and then get Dom's reaction at the end--saving the ramifications for two weeks from now.

On a happier side note--perhaps Dani's next remodeling project should be soundproofing the store room at Jacqui's record store.Wink  What's the name of the establishment, by the way?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 06:37:49 am by jmundt29 » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 08:18:51 am »

Well, I took another look at 84 and 86.  I was all set to celebrate having been fooled and totally over-reacting to having been fooled, but then I looked closer and am depressed again.  Grasping for any straw of hope, I looked at our new shadow and discovered that it looks like she's carrying a purse and she has pink nail polish (two things that I didn't think Dom would do).  So, I thought perhaps the new shadow isn't Dom, but Laura swinging by the record store before her date...so, outburst not a problem.  A lot of possible fun, but no problem (and it would give us a chance to see sample 49 in mixed company).  Plus, it would make sense if we were following Laura why we're coming in more than a third of the way through a much anticipated coupling with no visuals.

I was actually in the middle of typing a gleeful post to Daphne, playfully chastising her for snookering us when--I took a look back at Issue 84.  The door shadow is the same shape when we first see Dom in 84 as it is at the end of this week's issue.  Also, much to my surprise, Dom has pink fingernail polish.  Even more surprising, so far as I can tell, all the women currently have pink fingernail polish (except Raven).  Now, I can see that being an expression of Erin and Jacqui's attitude change thanks to The Watch, but I can't square it with Dom's fashion choices.

Would the author, artist, or colorist care to explain any or all of this?

The floor is open, Daphne, PK, Octavia.

As always, the story is intriguing and the art is excellent.

Quick question about Laura's pink t and slacks.  When did she change into them?  She was wearing a green top when she got her morning coffee.  Is pink/purple her clothing tell (like stripey socks for Erin and bright colors for Jacqui)?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 11:35:55 am by jmundt29 » Logged
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 08:23:45 am »

What's the name of the establishment, by the way?

Deep Black Vinyl.

Quick question about Laura's pink t and slacks.  When did she change into them?  She was wearing a green top when she got her morning coffee.  Is pink/purple her clothing tell (like stripey socks for Erin and bright colors for Jacqui)?

More than one day has elapsed between 79 and 86, so she's had time to change.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 08:53:09 am »

Yes that what the Back room for, Now need a pad
Jacquelyn have a nice rump and being on all fours (page 64 panel four)
Way to go Adrian sound good pumping.
Still why we all get Jane Doe or Mystery woman eveytime we see Ravella family.
So her daughter need money , stop Sex or take on  Adrian.
Stop her doing strip show with Danielle?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 11:58:21 am by laguna85 » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2012, 02:39:37 pm »

What's the name of the establishment, by the way?

Deep Black Vinyl.

More than one day has elapsed between 79 and 86, so she's had time to change.

Deep Black Vinyl's a cool name.  Excellent tidbit.

More than one day has elasped since the Night of the Watch?

Then why did Jaqui say "That was good work last night," when talking about Adrian rescuing Derek's victims in the second and third panels of Issue 81?  And she and Adrian are wearing the same clothes they were in the fourth panel of 79!  My head hurts.

Oh, speaking of 79, can we have full quotes on the calendar?  Particularly the red letter entires and the entry at the end of the month?  The only one I can read is the 16th which says "BUY MORE BEER!!!"
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 02:42:14 pm by jmundt29 » Logged
powerpossum
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2012, 10:16:21 am »

Way to go Adrian sound good pumping.

This is my new favorite sentence.

Oh, speaking of 79, can we have full quotes on the calendar?  Particularly the red letter entires and the entry at the end of the month?  The only one I can read is the 16th which says "BUY MORE BEER!!!"

The calendar (as of that day) is as follows:
Monday the 2nd: Le Clinique! Merci, Adrian!
Thursday the 12th: Laura, dinner
Monday the 16th: Buy more beer!
Saturday the 28th: Dani and Jacqui
Tuesday the 31st: Rent due!

As always, the story is intriguing and the art is excellent.

Thank you, sincerely! Even though we can rarely answer your questions - SJI is pretty intricately plotted and even we don't know sometimes what's going to be a spoiler - all of us appreciate your enthusiasm (and your scrutiny)! I can guarantee good stuff coming, though - stay tuned!
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2012, 11:33:05 am »

It's fun to be an SJI fan.

Thanks for the definitive calendar info, PK.

So, based on the calendar we're currently on the 12th (since Laura thinks this is her dinner night) and the Night of the Watch was the 2nd? (Dani's Clinic appointment?) Huh

I'm STILL confused about the clothing.  I can accept that everything from "Make me an offer," thru the return of Dom happened on the same day, but it wasn't the next day.  However, if I accept that, Jacqui's remark about "Last night" doesn't make much sense.  Shouldn't she then have said "the other night?" Huh
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2012, 11:59:01 am »

I would caution everyone not to be too obsessed with exactly what the date in SJI is; the timekeeping is... impressionistic. Smiley

jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2012, 01:42:22 pm »

Oh, I like that description.Smiley  I apologize about the obsessiveness, but this is what happens with a well-made weekly.  The lag time means you go over everything with a fine-tooth comb looking for stuff you missed that could explain or give clues to where things are now or where they're going.
elbenton
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

Insert clever phrase or quotation here.

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2012, 03:09:47 pm »

Considering that most TV shows and movies have a "continuity" person to insure that the actors wear the same clothes in scenes that take place at the same time but are shot on different days etc., I would say that Daphne does a pretty good job of keeping track of things.  After all, this *is* a comic, not a reality TV show or a docu-drama.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2012, 09:44:30 am »

I think that position is currently known as "script supervisor" but it used to be "script girl" or something as ridiculous as that.*shrug*  Again, I love the site and this is my favorite comic on the site.  I understand time is a bit impressionistic and I love the story so far.  I go hunting for clues in the lag between posts because I'm looking for clues (as I've posted in several threads, I've been known to miss some fairly obvious and entertaining things for long periods of time).  This experience has taught me to be more careful in viewing each new issue and to be careful when putting each one into context.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: