Mind Control Comics Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:49:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: The Hidden Knowledge #13  (Read 20331 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: September 17, 2014, 08:44:22 am »

Daffyd's managed to solve the Clovis problem, but are his troubles really over?

« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 05:04:19 pm by Daphne » Logged

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
dwcomics
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 08:59:00 pm »

I'm really looking forward to this; when can I read it?  Sooner than later I hope.
elenchos
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 11:48:02 am »

Note the projected publication date of October 29, at the top of the thread.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 12:00:08 pm »

I feel like this is part of the new member hazing around here.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
Geo
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 03:05:00 pm »

Set Hazers to stun and OPEN FIRE!
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 12:06:53 am »

Well, this was unexpected. A bit of an 'interlude' issue.

Needless to say, I'm interested in how Tari's going to explain this one.

One comment: I was hoping to see how Daffyd's bewitched harem was getting on after the crisis was over. Here's hoping we see a bit of that in the next issue as well. I honestly hope he's backslid into BE again as well, heh.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 01:47:00 pm by Haight » Logged

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 01:45:51 pm »

« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 02:30:34 pm by GodWilling » Logged
dwcomics
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 07:52:25 pm »

It's about time we find out how the book got in the shop.  Now we just need to know why she put it there and what the deal is with Tari and Joachim.  In addition, why the heck does Daffyd keep seeing the inspector as a skeleton and what's with this latest development concerning the inspector and Daffyd?
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 08:20:32 pm »

We've known that Tari put it there since the beginning, we just didn't know why. I presume it was to escape from Clovis's influence (dunno how that's working out for her).

mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2014, 09:54:18 pm »

?
Geo
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 08:28:43 pm »

!
mvcomics
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 08:58:08 pm »

I don't get something. The don't call test bit. Did the redhead leave her # or not and if she didn't was it because she was protecting daffidcor herself? Is he losing his mojo? I see she walks out with another dude but is the test for her or Dafid  ?
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2014, 12:52:10 am »

"Don't call, text" because she's going to keep it on the dl from her man.

Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2014, 03:06:22 pm »

I wonder if Daffyd has done anything vis a vis his original ex. Seems like now the door would be open.

snivgrits
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2014, 07:39:22 pm »

This twisted little morality play is what enticed me to join MC Comics in the first place.  I continue to love it and am glad to see another installment.

We've known that Tari put it there since the beginning, we just didn't know why. I presume it was to escape from Clovis's influence (dunno how that's working out for her).

I don't know but I love to have a theory.  I think the book is of Infernal origins.  I think it has a mind of its own, and that mind is to maximize the spread of corruption.  Tari has been enslaved by the book's owner(s?) for quite a while.  She seems to have a strange sort of 'independence' when it comes to changing the book's location (something Clovis would likely have forbidden provided he could think of all the ways his orders might be interpreted).  She also seems to manifest in visions to drive the book's owner towards greater acts of depravity. 

It is possible she is more a slave to the book than to any particular owner. I would suggest that Clovis died because the book saw more potential for evil in corrupting Daffyd than continuing to serve Clovis.  Clovis may have been corrupt to begin with, which meant less opportunity for a harvest of souls. Also, Daffyd is more resourceful and imaginative than Clovis, which means he may in time ultimately do more damage.  While it is true the voices tried to drive him down the dark path too quickly and he put the brakes on, removing some of the more destructive influences he had placed on the women in his circle, he did not divest himself of the book and its powers, or seek to destroy it, so this may be just a minor setback for a patient villain such as I imagine this book to me.

Only the author would know how much of my speculation is correct, of course. 
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: