Mind Control Comics Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:42:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: By the Book #14  (Read 12114 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: July 25, 2014, 05:01:08 pm »

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 06:57:25 pm »

I think this series is great, just one thing.  Do you think you could do the text and the pictures side by side, a la Bearing Gifts?  It's awkward to read as it is. 

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 12:29:52 am »

What's everyone else thing about side-by-side vs top-bottom format for the text?

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Salanar
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 01:07:46 am »

It's an interesting question. On one hand, I find it a pain to scroll up and down to compare the image to the text. On the other, the criss-cross text for Bearing Gifts to be immensely confusing and I usually take two or more reads to properly figure out who is saying what to whom and in what order.

My verdict: I'd rather scroll up and down a bit to get what's going on than have no idea who is saying what, and especially if there are more than two characters.

Possible solution: preserve the text as it currently is, but set it on one side so everything requires a flick of the eye to compare. It sounds like this is what Haight is saying. If so, then I'm in agreement with him/her.
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 02:14:24 am »

Yeah, that's pretty much what I meant. Picture on left, text on right in the same block it is now.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
amoxirakuzan
Browser
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 01:41:15 am »

I definitely prefer side-by-side as well, so you can see the action and the text together.
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 01:09:55 pm »

Well, the new formatting is a success in my eyes.

I love both the scenes here; it's a pity we only had half an issue for each.

jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 08:26:57 pm »

Turns out I like vertical tiling better than horizontal tiling.  Neither has an actual advantage for me.  Live and learn.

I really liked the first storyline.  I find myself hoping we return to it when our Bookman is busy elsewhere.
Geo
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014, 09:54:42 pm »

Fabu ish.
dwcomics
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2014, 06:00:44 am »

I love this series and think the new format is great, but I've got to ask: why all the inconsistencies between issues 13 and 14?  Wasn't Cecilia (that's her name right?) supposed to wake up as his slave who didn't care what he did with her daughter?  How'd her name change and why did she suddenly get all over Katie about hypnotizing her into being a good schoolgirl?  More importantly, when is the next issue coming out??!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: