Mind Control Comics Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:30:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 283: One Hand Clapping.  (Read 6932 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: March 30, 2014, 01:31:03 pm »

Tuesday, April 1st!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 03:19:01 pm »

Tuesday, April 1st!

Nah, you're just playin.'

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 07:08:01 am »

Ah, Jacqui.  Good job, and it's always nice to see her hard exterior soften around the ones she loves.  (I also love how Caitlyn has become kind of a badass action girl recently, what with kicking the door down and all.)

I'm relieved to see that the Erin with razorblade subplot was resolved quickly.  Thinking about this whole sequence, I'm even more convinced that Cherry put those present at the SJI under some kind of spell for Erin to go from happy to be engaged to Adrian to ready to kill herself, convinced of her worthlessness.  It's as though fleeting negative thoughts have become enhanced and dominant, but it seems to have worn off, with Caitlyn realizing, oh yeah, Erin slammed the door upstairs and is in trouble.

Lastly:  I love Jacqui's eyes.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 10:07:51 am »

Cherry needs a really really LASTING comeuppance here.  I'm hoping 300 marks that spot, or the post-victory celebration.

By the by, just how athletic is Yates?  I'd have thought Imani and Hitomi would have worn that lucky twit out by now.  Although it would be interesting for his wife to come home unexpectedly and either

A. Wreak Jacqui-style justice or
B. sample the fun.  Or, preferably
C. do B after exacting A upon Yates.

Oh and what was with the blood-spell hands in the last ep?  She wasn't casting anything.

I do like Caitlyn's new fierceness and Jacqui's nurturing side.  However, I can't tell if we're supposed to be disturbed by the fact that she equates Erin with Pearl since she has lustful feelings toward Erin, or if it's supposed to open up the possibility of Pearl joining the SJI crew, or if we're supposed to be weirded out by that possibility.  Confusion reigns...just like it usually does in this comic.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 10:11:40 am by jmundt29 » Logged
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 11:14:10 am »

I can't tell if we're supposed to be disturbed by the fact that she equates Erin with Pearl since she has lustful feelings toward Erin, or if it's supposed to open up the possibility of Pearl joining the SJI crew, or if we're supposed to be weirded out by that possibility.

For what it's worth, I'm not disturbed by it, nor do I think we're meant to.  Erin

-is roughly Miriam's age
-is similarly tough-minded
-has some - shall we call them - 'hard edges' in a manner reminiscent of both Miriam and Jacqui;

If you take out the bond they share as members of the SJI harem (and who knows how members of the harem feel about each other as lovers?), it doesn't seem implausible that Jacqui would view Erin as a daughter figure, especially in Erin's moment of crisis when she needs loving care.

Basically, I took it to mean that Jacqui is acknowledging just how much she cares for, and about, Erin.

Disagreement welcomed, of course, but that's the vibe I'm getting.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 08:19:56 pm »

I believe these are all valid points, and I wish to see the declaration in that way.  However, Pearl and Jacqui's shared history with Q and the record of the first Night of the Watch lustpile complicate this narrative.

Also, I just wanted to drop in to make sure...Cait kicking the door in messed up Erin's aim, right?  The cut that she meant to be fatal was instead long, but shallow and missed all important blood vessels, ligaments, and tendons, correct?  Otherwise, Erin would be bleeding out on Jacqui's top during that hug.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 08:22:53 pm by jmundt29 » Logged
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 09:33:17 pm »

-is roughly Miriam's age
-is similarly tough-minded
-has some - shall we call them - 'hard edges' in a manner reminiscent of both Miriam and Jacqui;

She also has a very similar silhouette to Pearl, for the record.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2014, 05:09:13 pm »

with all pink cloud and she may lost Pearl
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: