Mind Control Comics Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:41:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 281: Cut the Conversation.  (Read 11644 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: March 23, 2014, 08:06:08 am »

Tuesday, March 25th!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 07:12:39 pm »

Is someone finally gonna shut Cherry up?

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 09:24:07 pm »

with the New cover page it look like the web women spin or the dark side of each women.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 01:04:39 am »

Ugh, even with boobies that's an ugly last panel.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 04:52:26 am »

Aw you have to be kidding! Angry  The Avenging Rock Goddess threw Cherry out on her ass but might have gotten there 90 seconds late?!!  We might be stuck with Dice Roll #2 anyway?  Okay, so who can make it up the stairs and through the door the fastest?  Who should I be rooting for here?  Avenging Rock Goddess for the daily double?  Marli because she's a nurse?  Cait with all that cheer energy?  Dani?  Or Mallory from whatever plane she's on right now to just pop into the bathroom and knock the razor out of Erin's hand?  Thoughts?

On a side note--When someone gets the group out of this, we should revisit the fact that Jacqui used an open hand against Cherry.  If it had been the driver or Derek or Q she'd have crushed the front of his/their faces with a fist.  Somewhere in the back of her mind, I bet Jacqui decided to protect Cherry's face for a more opportune situation.  Just a more positive thought to keep us hopeful between now and Friady.

Also, the group still really hasn't had a chance to recover from the attack on Dani.  I'm hoping for a very happy reunion and extended celebration around issue #300 (which is approaching apace folks).
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 04:58:40 am by jmundt29 » Logged
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 05:45:21 pm »

Jacqui hit butt, Cherry did not have chance, She have run out the door.

Now Jacqui need run up stairs and stop Erin and spot her useing that razor.
19 more issue before 300
party time
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 05:46:49 pm »

On a side note--When someone gets the group out of this, we should revisit the fact that Jacqui used an open hand against Cherry.

Just to be clear, Jacqui didn't strike Cherry; she tossed her cloak at her with some force.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 12:13:39 pm »

Doesn't that lend more credibility to my observation, though?  One of the male adversaries would have gotten a pattented Jacqui hook followed by the brandishing of a weapon.  Cherry receives a very graphic threat, but Jacqui restricts herself to intimidating Cherry with her own accessories.  That's probably her least violent mode when threatened.
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 01:23:19 pm »

There's a time and a place for physical assault on Jacqui's part.   Jacqui, right now, can probably get Cherry out faster by using threats and aggression rather than actual physical force, but if required she can bust it out, right?  Also, strictly speaking, all Cherry has done is talk.  I don't see a problem with what Jacqui is doing here.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 03:06:47 pm »

I didn't either.  My point--all Derek did was talk and she laid him out.  At the beginning of the series she has a legendary reputation for a short fuse and a wall of negativity that scares people.  I'm saying she dialed back her response here (where Cherry is trying to manipulate Cait and Dani and trying to incapacitate Erin) because in the back of her mind she's assessing Cherry for more fun possibilities when circumstances change.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2014, 03:16:38 pm »

Jacqui left the house at some point after Cherry rang the doorbell - apparently without feeling there was a need to clobber anyone (or to throw clobber at anyone). But now she comes bursting back in and without waiting for Cherry to even try to say anything she tells her not to say another word and to leave.

So who sent Jacqui back in? Was she the person Marliese called? Or did Mallory call her? Or does she have some psychic power we haven't been told about yet?
kmorea
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2014, 10:26:35 pm »

Aw you have to be kidding! Angry  The Avenging Rock Goddess threw Cherry out on her ass but might have gotten there 90 seconds late?!!  We might be stuck with Dice Roll #2 anyway?  Okay, so who can make it up the stairs and through the door the fastest?  Who should I be rooting for here?  Avenging Rock Goddess for the daily double?  Marli because she's a nurse?  Cait with all that cheer energy?  Dani?  Or Mallory from whatever plane she's on right now to just pop into the bathroom and knock the razor out of Erin's hand?  Thoughts?

You're kinda jumping to a dark conclusion there ... we know at least some of Erin's magic is blood based (episodes 200, 215). Perhaps she's just getting ready to do a spell? Please? :-)
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2014, 07:01:51 am »

Jmundt:  to say "all Derek did was talk and she laid him out" is, strictly speaking, accurate, but 1) it was she to whom he talked, and 2) what he said was about how she was overcome with lust for him.  That "talk" would qualify in my world as sexual harassment and not a single person I know would object to someone breaking the nose of the person who said that.

If Jacqui went in fists first to every situation she didn't like, she would rapidly be classified as a sociopath.  Also, as GodWilling notes, we don't know when Jacqui left, for what purpose, or what brought her back.  But the insistence on Cherry's silence tells me that she believes Cherry's voice has some kind of power, which would fit with how effective she has been at sowing chaos and uncertainty.

On the point of the darkness of the final shot:  I know about the Chekhov's Gun requirement, but I'm hoping that the "gun" doesn't go off here.  (I recall pointing out when Erin was shaving that it was odd - and hardcore - that she did so with a straight blade.)  So, Daphne:  subvert the trope!  No wrist-slitting to occur, please!*

But where was Jacqui, and what has brought her to action now?  And where the hell is Mallory, bringer of death?**

*Please note that what I want and what I need as a reader might be two different things, and also that I know and firmly believe I have no right to influence the plot.

** in Cherry's eyes, as well as hinted at by the latest cover

Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2014, 02:37:09 pm »

not a single person I know would object to someone breaking the nose of the person who said that.

Uh... that's more than a little extreme.

GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2014, 04:05:16 pm »

Uh... that's more than a little extreme.

It seems fair enough to me. And Derek appears to have been widely known as a repeat offender. In any case it was this encounter that nearly placed Dani in Derek's hands so it was nearly a lucky break for him. And that's Jacqui in a nutshell: occasionally firm but always fair.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: