Mind Control Comics Forum
September 29, 2024, 02:22:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 192: Intensive.  (Read 15442 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: June 09, 2013, 04:23:04 pm »

Coming June 11.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 08:39:19 pm »

Please let this be Erin using Wiccan healing to save Dani and not a return to Hitomi's...situation with the blase dance major, Coates (who's married but already has a girlfriend and claims the marriage is open--but we haven't seen concrete evidence of that yet)? 
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 08:46:08 pm by jmundt29 » Logged
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 01:39:36 am »

Well then. 

I'm a bit torn.  I like my mind control stories to have happy endings, and thus tend to shy away from fatalities, but at the same time, power like this has very real consequences. 

So I guess there's a part of me that's glad to see the way the ending to the previous scenes is implied by this episode.  Erin's supposed to be something special, right?  The other part of me is a bit sad to see, perhaps, a 'chickening out.'

There's still a lot of details to be filled in as to what actually happened.  And those details could be quite important.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 10:08:36 am »

Right first question asked by Adrian.  Second question--did it work?  It would be a huge waste if Erin put herself in this much danger and it didn't work, but what happened?

Are we going to get a visual of that soon?
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 10:41:09 am »

Also it seems that Erin's power works in some sort of empathic, 'wound transfer' kind of way.  Which has interesting implications as for her flashback with that satyr-thing.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 12:51:28 pm »

The other part of me is a bit sad to see, perhaps, a 'chickening out.'

Man, tough crowd!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 01:07:22 pm »

See, I was much more concerned with doubling down than "chickening out."  If the doctor who we've never met is mistaken or an idiot, (either of which are possible, though I'm pleased he hasn't been belltower swamped) Erin could end with prolonged aftereffects from her efforts which could lead us to that gravestone we saw in the wheel of possible futures.  That would be...frustrating if her success wasn't complete with Dani (which we don't know yet, because we can't see her...is she in the waiting room?).

ETA--yes, provided both Erin and Dani recover fully, the empath nature of Erin's healing talent would be interesting to explore.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 01:09:52 pm by jmundt29 » Logged
OctaviaMoon
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Artist & Colorist

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 01:34:28 pm »

I wonder if the 'healing' only affects the wounds...all your speculation got me thinking about Dani's current mental health difficulties - do you think Erin's 'cure' might cure that too?

Octavia Moon - Writer, Artist, Letterer - In Season, Unleashed, Tannhauser Twins, Friend Zone.
Colorist/Letterer - Saint James Infirmary, Domina, Rapid Inductions

Find me on www.patreon.com/octaviamoon
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2013, 01:38:01 pm »

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 12:44:09 am by GodWilling » Logged
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2013, 02:36:58 pm »

Man, tough crowd!

You know it lol.

laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2013, 10:47:23 pm »

so if got right that erin got hit by the car and Save Danielle ? Huh
OctaviaMoon
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Artist & Colorist

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2013, 04:44:46 am »

so if got right that erin got hit by the car and Save Danielle ? Huh

No...I think that Erin used some 'magic' to cure Danielle...but maybe got injured in the process? Dani was the one hit by the car....

Octavia Moon - Writer, Artist, Letterer - In Season, Unleashed, Tannhauser Twins, Friend Zone.
Colorist/Letterer - Saint James Infirmary, Domina, Rapid Inductions

Find me on www.patreon.com/octaviamoon
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2013, 06:04:59 pm »

A common attachment to magic is consequence.  I've seen examples where the "rules" to magical healing indicate that the caster has to take the injuries of the patient onto him or herself to work the healing at all, or if the injury is severe enough and maxes out the caster's power, there's a mirror effect or someone who's careless, or raw, or in a major hurry can cause the injuries to be transferred to themselves (although that's usually poison).  The question about mental healing is also an interesting one, but at this point we're missing key information.
Vidor
Browser
Four Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2013, 09:50:41 pm »

Having ranted angrily over the last regular edition of this comic, I should take the time to say I am happy they didn't kill Danielle off

Better not kill Erin off either.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2013, 09:56:57 pm »

Strictly speaking we don't know whether Danielle is alive or dead.  We haven't seen her, nor has she been mentioned one way or the other.  Hopefully that will change in a good way in a couple of hours.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: