Mind Control Comics Forum
September 28, 2024, 10:29:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary Guest Page 17: Visitation Rites  (Read 22427 times)
OctaviaMoon
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Artist & Colorist

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2013, 04:07:03 am »

I agree...I know some strong women and some of them consider me to be a strong woman - but aggressive isn't assertive, and I consider the ability to be assertive a strong characteristic (if that's the right term). Weeping over your croissant because your boyfriend left without waking you up is, to me a pretty weak and pathetic trait - or behaviour. I may be just saying this because I like her and am (probably) like her, but I consider Dani to be the strongest of the SJI women. I like self reliant, capable women - lippy in one hand and hammer drill in the other...yummy Cheesy

BTW...thanks to Daphne for sorting out the image problem - I've now had a chance to read the pages. I have no take on this bit of the puzzle, though...I may be flummoxed!!! But I did like the art, very much...

Octavia Moon - Writer, Artist, Letterer - In Season, Unleashed, Tannhauser Twins, Friend Zone.
Colorist/Letterer - Saint James Infirmary, Domina, Rapid Inductions

Find me on www.patreon.com/octaviamoon
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2013, 07:41:33 am »

Weeping over your croissant because your boyfriend left without waking you up is, to me a pretty weak and pathetic trait - or behaviour.

Hey, no one's perfect. Smiley

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2013, 12:26:46 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 03:12:37 pm by GodWilling » Logged
OctaviaMoon
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Artist & Colorist

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2013, 01:08:05 pm »

With the proviso that I don't know what it means, I see Mallory as the strongest woman. I'm not sure if Rain is actually human but if she does count then she probably wins hands down.

So...given that you don't think you know what it means, why Mallory? I mean what is it about her that you read as strong?

Octavia Moon - Writer, Artist, Letterer - In Season, Unleashed, Tannhauser Twins, Friend Zone.

GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2013, 03:46:02 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 03:13:12 pm by GodWilling » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2013, 06:41:32 pm »

I don't know that we know enough about Mallory to make pronouncements that grand.  And really, I think it was her education, not her job selection where she broke with her parents.

I'm not sure I can really see where Dani ends and her programming begins, but Erin is multi-skilled and quite self-sufficient.  I don't neccessarily know that building up emotional walls and armors of sarcasm in response to severe trauma is really a sign of weakness, but that's a disucssion for a different moment.
OctaviaMoon
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Artist & Colorist

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2013, 11:26:03 pm »

I suppose based on what I said earlier, my definition of a strong person must be someone who gets what he or she wants without posturing. But actually I think a strong person is someone who can deal with not getting what he or she wants. A strong person can fail and deal with it.

Mallory has made her own way in life. She applied for and took a job her family didn't want her to take. She's comfortable with - and open about - her sexuality. She seems to live life on her terms and to have the life she wanted. But she also seems like she can deal with the stuff she didn't want. Some people just leave you to get on with deciding whether you like them (the opposite of needy?). Mallory strikes me as that kind of person.

Wow...and you say you don't think you know what it means Smiley I have a degree in psychology and I couldn't have written it better...and, you know what, I think you convinced me. Mallory does tend to just quietly get on with things and let others run around worrying...

I don't know about Erin being multi-skilled, though, Jmundt29....trying to think what skills she's displayed other than singing, crying and f***ing Cheesy

GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2013, 12:54:21 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 03:13:55 pm by GodWilling » Logged
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2013, 12:56:23 pm »

trying to think what skills she's displayed other than singing, crying and f***ing Cheesy

Well, she can act. Smiley

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2013, 07:03:03 pm »

As I understand it, she can act and sing quite well.  Also, could we revisit for a moment the reason why everyone is suddenly equating Erin Hackberry with Sally Brown?  I don't remember her crying in any instance, except just after Dani popped out of that closet (and maybe as part of that "summoning" she escaped in the GP flashback).  Dani has awakened screaming and crying a couple times, but I'm not hearing anyone criticize her for it.  What gives?
OctaviaMoon
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Artist & Colorist

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2013, 10:31:14 pm »

Maybe I am being a bit tough on poor Erin...who, until this particular incident I thought she was pretty cool. The incident in question is on page 174...where she weeps over her morning coffee because Adrian went to his music lesson without waking her up for a boink!! Whilst I completely understand her disappointment, I think it probably only warranted a bit of a grumble....maybe she was acting Smiley

jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2013, 11:45:40 am »

I...well, I took another look at 174, I guess you're talking about two panels before we hear Dani's wake-up scream.  The first panel is definitely sarcastic Erin at her finest.  The slumping in her chair in panel...what, 3 shows her as more upset than sarcatic.  I think the combination of the slump and then the head in hands gives the wrong impression.  She gives off depressed, but she's not crying (and I don't think she's just barely holding back tears) but the combination of disappointment, and frustration has her at sea.  I've known people to have their heads in their hands rubbing their eyes when overtired or exceptionally frustrated, or both--higher education (particularly law school) can do that to a person.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: