Mind Control Comics Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:06:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: The Hidden Knowledge #9  (Read 23683 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: March 31, 2013, 11:17:47 am »

Coming April 3.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 12:11:14 pm »

Oh, busy week this week.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 12:13:38 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 10:00:50 am by GodWilling » Logged
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 01:23:03 pm »

Tooth-achingly busy.

That's not your tooth.   Grin
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 06:32:55 pm »

look like someing to read on wednesday
Yes
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 06:11:48 am »

So the book does have a will of its own, and seems to be using Daffyd as much as he is using it.  Interesting.

Great to see this comic return!  I am interested to see whether Tari is enacting Daffyd's plan at the end of the issue, or whether she's doing someone else's bidding.  She did seem happy to be out of Levesque's influence.

Is that Escayola or someone else in the car with Tari at the end?
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 08:02:10 am »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 10:01:28 am by GodWilling » Logged
PortalComic
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 09:33:33 am »

Is that Escayola or someone else in the car with Tari at the end?

On page 3 of #8 she appears to be with a client and she tells him she wants to break up with Clovis. I think this is the same man.

Exactly!
Remember, Escayola is the guy with blond hair while this "new client" have dark hair.
Maybe you have not noticed, but he has been around since the issue 3
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 10:31:52 am »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 10:01:41 am by GodWilling » Logged
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 10:53:27 am »

Tari's a mysterious character herself. In her first appearance she's buying a self-hypnosis book from the store. And of course that's when Daffyd finds the book right there on the shelf.

I have long assumed that Tari was the one who planted it there for some reason, probably to get away from Levesque.  But now the book seems to have a great deal of agency in its own fate, and I'm beginning to think that it steered Tari to doing so.  Ah well, the joys of unfounded speculation...
Prezfevr18
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 12:02:25 pm »

For my part, I had been assuming when he appeared earlier that he was Clovis, because we never saw him and we were told she was Clovis's "girlfriend". And she calls him "boss". And Clovis is the one who's supposed to have had this strange hold over her. But then we see him and the conversation makes it clear he's not Clovis...

Tari's a mysterious character herself. In her first appearance she's buying a self-hypnosis book from the store. And of course that's when Daffyd finds the book right there on the shelf.

You can see Tari pulling/planting THE BOOK on the shelf in page one of the first issue.  Daffyd finds it on the next page. 

Otherwise, this looks like its mainly a plot episode and more will be revealed about the mental conditions of the tiny pupils girls in forthcoming parts.  That, and the reactions of everybody else to the BE incident was what I was hoping to see in this issue based on the promo-ed cover page.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2013, 02:56:34 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 10:01:56 am by GodWilling » Logged
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2013, 03:10:50 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 10:02:18 am by GodWilling » Logged
Vidor
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2013, 04:43:33 pm »

Well, all this time I've been reading this story, and I never noticed that Tari is, in fact, shown putting The Book on the shelf in the first page of the series.

So if the guy at the end of this comic was the guy Tari was screwing in #8, the one that she told she wanted to break up with Levesque, then said Dark Hair Guy apparently was not completely aware of what is going on, as he did not know about Daffyd (she tells him she has a new boyfriend).  So presumably Dark Hair Guy was not in on this from the start, when Tari was planting the book.  It may be that he is helping her get rid of Levesque.  Perhaps he's one of Levesque's underlings.

We also find out now that Tari knows that she has been enslaved by Clovis.  Maybe she knows that The Book is how she was enslaved by Clovis, and she got it out of his possession in order to break free of him.  We have also seen that Clovis seems to have lost his power now that he isn't in possession of The Book.

I have to say that from an erotic mind control status, I didn't love this chapter.  No Kayleigh, no Janice--I was really wondering how the two of them would react to finding out about Daffyd's mind control power, and I was curious to find out if Daffyd had made Janice (my favorite character) into a full-on slave.  No such luck.  Frankentits, which was a turnoff for me, is still apparently a thing.  Daffyd has an attack of conscience which is never sexy.  And Daffyd is still a goof--he goes and enslaves yet another girl when he could have just hung out at Starbucks or the library or something. 

The art, as always, was first rate. 
PortalComic
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2013, 04:41:47 am »

The art, as always, was first rate. 

Thanks!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: