Mind Control Comics Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:11:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: When we last left our heroes...  (Read 173221 times)
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2012, 07:06:29 pm »

That's a fairly nice list, but you forgot to include the other members of the Mantis squad who have appeared in Denoument and Cait's flashback.

Oh, and the smoky, seedy establishment where Dani used to dance is apparently called Van Winkle's.  They own a mug (but I didn't catch the episode, I'll have to go back for that) and Erin's wearing a T-shirt from there during her "private moment" (tm John Crichton) in ep 13 (the New Year's Resolution episode).
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2012, 07:53:27 pm »

I tried twice to edit my last post.  It didn't work and sucked away a half hour.  So, here goes with a new post.

I applaud your list GW.  It's thorough and comprehensive.  The only minor characters who've showed up twice that you haven't mentioned yet are the Mantis cheer squad.  Our author has identified them in both pictures from left to right as Wendy, Hitomi, Imani and Rachel (the captain).  While PK and Octavia favored rounder portrayals in Denoument, HMB and Sorenka used more striking angles which leave a slightly more sinister or devious impression.  The only other major difference is the portrayal Rachel.  Her hair is several shades darker in Denoument, she has changed lipsticks (switching away from the black usd in the guest page), and her curves are considerably more ample (which led me to ask if she might have been a fellow freshman in the flashback...obviously incorrect).

The only other minor note is the possible Yves/Yvette complication.  As you noted in your list, Sawyer and Hans refer to "Yves" as Q's protector, friend, and possible employer.  When Hans delivers his warning, Q is working in a Princess Pink van.  From this we conclude that Yves owns or operates Princess Pink Beauty Supplies and that the blondes from the diner are also his employees.  The confusion occurs when we take a look at the storefronts on what is presumably Kearsage's main drag.

There's a beauty salon called "Yvette's."  This seems a bit coincidental that people of the same name in related businesses in a small town.  The simplest answer is that Yvette runs a salon, and her brother (fraternal twin?) Yvess supplies her with cosmetics.  There are other possibilities, but they are too murky and convoluted for me to clearly articulate.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2012, 09:30:11 pm »

Our author has identified them in both pictures from left to right as Wendy, Hitomi, Imani and Rachel (the captain).

It may be worth noting that the names Rachel, Wendy and Imani fit perfectly into the partial list of Zenon's patients.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2012, 10:18:09 pm »

Excellent complementary piece.  Is it possible Cait referred a couple of them to deal with the mantis effect?  Her stated reason for going to Zenon is "weight loss" (which makes very little sense on the face of it).  Based on her other conversations, I'd call it "preventative control of the Mantis Effect."Wink
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2012, 01:55:32 am »

Both PK and I are utterly blown away by your work GW. My notes aren't that detailed. Smiley

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2012, 07:26:44 am »

It may be worth noting that the names Rachel, Wendy and Imani fit perfectly into the partial list of Zenon's patients.

Wow, that's a really, really good catch.  I wonder if that has any further significance?

It also helps complete the answer for me as to why Caitlyn would be going for weight loss counselling: 1) she's a cheerleader, so she has a strong interest in maintaining fitness; and 2) she's gained all this weight recently. And so has everyone else on the squad!  This could be a real problem!

Except, as we all know, it's the opposite of a problem.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2012, 08:37:53 am »

the calendar on SJI-79
said

Jan 2 some thing with Adrian
Jan 12 Laura dinner and now add Raven
Jan 31 Rent Dues

Now she have a job at the airport Danielle can pay rent.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 08:48:04 am by laguna85 » Logged
powerpossum
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2012, 10:58:01 am »

Both PK and I are utterly blown away by your work GW. My notes aren't that detailed. Smiley

Yeah, really! That was an amazing rundown of pretty much everything!

When I was a kid, Marvel put out these mini-series called 'Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe, vols. 1-whatever-it-went-to' (one in '83, one in '89, but I'm not dating myself by telling which one I was into), and I'd read them as much as I ever read Spider-Man or Captain America...just loved having everything about the characters - history, powers, even eye color and driver's license-type stuff - all in one place like that, to look at and think about and enjoy. This post really brought that back to me, so thank you for it, and for that!
Chettbaker
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

Reformed Spiritual Grifter

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2012, 04:38:47 am »

Yeah, really! That was an amazing rundown of pretty much everything!

When I was a kid, Marvel put out these mini-series called 'Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe, vols. 1-whatever-it-went-to' (one in '83, one in '89, but I'm not dating myself by telling which one I was into), and I'd read them as much as I ever read Spider-Man or Captain America...just loved having everything about the characters - history, powers, even eye color and driver's license-type stuff - all in one place like that, to look at and think about and enjoy. This post really brought that back to me, so thank you for it, and for that!

Same here on the love for  the Official handbooks (DC comics had them too).  And I totally agree with what everyone has said so far about your post Goodwill.  Great work and great post!  There really should be a like button feature on this board. Definitely like.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2012, 04:28:22 am »

« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 12:30:03 pm by GodWilling » Logged
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2012, 06:57:01 am »

Amy and Hayley Honeywell
Ages
Heights
5' 9".

Caitlyn Hess
Heights
5' 7".

Marliese Sherrod
Height
5' 6".

Raven" Lenore Klopotowski
Height
5' 5".

"Sue" Phạm Thị Suong
Height
5' 4".

GodWilling hope this help you to add to the list
I Love the height of all the ladys there my height  Grin
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 07:10:49 am by laguna85 » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2012, 10:23:32 am »

Wow, Raven seems to have carved her own identity far away from her roots.  Laguna, would you mind providing vital statistics from the April Bonus for public consumption on this thread?  Daphne, Octavia, PK, any objection to the inclusion of those stats here?
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2012, 10:35:48 am »

Daphne, Octavia, PK, any objection to the inclusion of those stats here?

Nope. No sharing the pictures, though. Smiley

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2012, 01:11:31 am »

Daphne, Octavia, PK, any objection to the inclusion of those stats here?

Nope. No sharing the pictures, though. Smiley

I will not do it show the picture
Also I do not want give more information away without Daphne OK.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2012, 06:32:23 am »

Also I do not want give more information away without Daphne OK.

It's fine to share the stats; thanks for checking!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: