Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch
    
Posts: 4884
Drawn and Quartered.
|
 |
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2026, 07:24:05 am » |
|
Updates coming shortly!
There still hasn't been any change to the forthcoming list? Soon!
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
arm7man88
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch
 
Posts: 66
|
 |
« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2026, 04:37:31 am » |
|
A new issue of Friend Request was in the forthcoming issues list for a long time this year, I know that the whole list got reset, but I'm really hoping that it is still in progress.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
spiderman27
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch
 
Posts: 46
Die Hard Pool Of Viagari Fan
|
 |
« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2026, 05:15:20 am » |
|
Try being consistent for awhile then running a sale. A promise things will get better along with no real content for months just makes me feel like you're scamming to get one more payday.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
Garg22
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch
  
Posts: 229
Comics Fan
|
 |
« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2026, 07:48:43 am » |
|
New issue dropped on the 14th. No scam, just having trouble setting up a reliable pipeline and they are compensating members for it. But yes, the issue with how long it's taking is why I suggested AI art. I know they're playing around with making short videos using AI and they look good visually, and thought it could be used in a comic medium. It was shot down, as people who are willing to pay enjoy the hand drawn look.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
arm7man88
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch
 
Posts: 66
|
 |
« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2026, 08:19:30 am » |
|
Try being consistent for awhile then running a sale. A promise things will get better along with no real content for months just makes me feel like you're scamming to get one more payday.
Alright, I've gotta jump in here. I've been around since 2016, and in that entire time until mid last year, they consistently came out with a comic every single week along with all of the monthly stuff. I too, just like everyone else have been frustrated with the lack of content this year, but it is very clearly an issue they have limited control over. They have given everyone a huge amount of free subscription time to make up for it, they are doing a sale, and Daphne has suggested multiple alternative methods to making these comics, in particular with AI, and they were roundly rejected by the community as a whole. All of that makes this comment feel very out of hand.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
twobears
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch
  
Posts: 114
aMember user
|
 |
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2026, 03:03:02 pm » |
|
I can not help but wonder whether it was use of AI that caused the pipeline issues.
A lot of creatives, visual artists in particular, have strongly negative reactions to generative AI. I would not be at all surprised if the experimentations around this resulted in some kind of mass exodus.
You don't suddenly have this many artists suddenly stop delivering at almost the same without there being some kind of event triggering it.
I have no idea what it was... I hope that its been resolved...
But I wouldn't be surprised if it was the AI experimentation.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
jwik01
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch
   
Posts: 273
|
 |
« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2026, 07:26:49 am » |
|
I rather doubt that. It would have to be something wildly egregious to cause a bunch of artists who have longstanding relationships with MCC to cut ties. Why it is that Expanded Universe and An Education have suspended, and why SJI only managed five new pages after more than half a year fallow, is very unclear, but it seems really unlikely to me that it involves Daphne having offended all her collaborators by advocating for AI. If nothing else, probably somebody involved would have complained about it on social media and we'd have heard about it. But also it's just implausible on the face of it.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
Sharque
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch
   
Posts: 310
|
 |
« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2026, 12:43:11 pm » |
|
I just want a small semblance of consistency. I thought we were getting that when SJI was announced to be returning, even though it was once a week instead of twice, but issues have released anywhere from Wednesday to Thursday, with this week’s still absent.
We’re coming up on the 1 year mark of all this beginning in about two months. While I’m hopeful things might be back to normal before then, I’m not holding my breath.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
doctorx
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch
 
Posts: 30
Comics Fan
|
 |
« Reply #83 on: October 01, 2026, 03:51:18 pm » |
|
I tried to buy something on the other side and got my account locked for too many card failures.
Eventually got back in and made my purchase. Deleted all the "upset about it at the time" stuff.
|
|
|
|
« Last Edit: October 02, 2026, 11:57:43 am by doctorx »
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
KingMind
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch
  
Posts: 170
|
 |
« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2026, 12:19:55 am » |
|
I would love to see more than one comic this month if possible. Two would even be acceptable at this point. I'm sorry but as good as SJI & EU are I need more comics that are longer in page length 
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
Maxwelllord
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

Posts: 1
|
 |
« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2026, 12:51:48 pm » |
|
Hi, long time fan of the site (probably a decade at this point). Ive never posted on here. Im just worried about the lack of content. Any info would be appreciated. Also are there any other active forums for Daphne et Henri stuff? Would love to join the community. I hope this isnt the end. My yearly membership renews next year but I cant really justify it if theres nothing new. Most of the content on this site is incredible though, so worth it. My favourites are Waiting room and Persuader I think. So good. Hello to all and I hope everyone is doing well. 
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
Emery
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

Posts: 1
|
 |
« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2026, 10:52:15 pm » |
|
Like many other users on here, would like to see a return to normalcy. I login once a week or so checking in, and it's disappointing to see the lack of new material. Appreciate all the content on here, and would be thrilled to see a return to form.
Fingers crossed.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|