Mind Control Comics Forum
September 15, 2024, 01:11:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary Guest Page 4: More Enthusiasm on the Devouring, Ladies!  (Read 17900 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: October 03, 2012, 10:13:42 am »

Line art by HMB, colors by Sorenka. Coming October 6th!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 10:19:43 am by Daphne » Logged

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 08:00:18 pm »

Hmm.  Well, this could be a Claudia past page, or we could meet the former master of the New York harem, or this could be either Q-Box's felonious encounter or his last positive memory with Kanti.  As I said, I hope his comeuppance is swift, sure, and final (as in, no fun on his actual birthday).
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 10:07:40 am »

More HMB art!  Woo!
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 10:23:11 am »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 01:04:34 pm by GodWilling » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 01:33:32 pm »

Oh, come on! Roll Eyes  No more Derek! Angry  No more Derek! Angry  If he actually has a legit part to play in Claudia's scheme after having his wrists slapped in New Jersey, bring him back then.  The only thing we don't know about Derek that might be interesting is when, where, how, and by whom he was recruited.

We have Q and his flashbacks for a little bit (which actually ARE germane to the current story).  We really don't need two selfish twits of limited imagination bouncing around. Angry Roll Eyes
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 04:17:47 am »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 01:04:44 pm by GodWilling » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 08:46:19 am »

Talking about Q and Derek.  I meant with Q around being both more dangerous and better looking but with equaly limited imagination, Derek (or his former role) is redundant.

Oh, GodWilling--Good catch on the theatre direction.  I can't believe I had no inkling that this was a retun to Cait's memories of being frosh on the cheerleading squad.

Ahem, might we get a role call from the various snapshots we've had of said cheer squad to this point? *nudges Daphne discreetly* Wink

That pop-up text was interesting.  Seems like the belltower tech and the mantis mascot head date from roughly the same time period.  Could there be transmitters sewn into the head?  Well...the growth phenomenon has continued uninterrupted (presumably for generations of Wilmot cheerleaders) and the belltower lair looked abandoned and shut down before Erin turned it back on last night.

Dialed back slightly (as here) HMB's art is excellent!  Kudos.
elbenton
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Insert clever phrase or quotation here.

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 09:01:47 am »

I think it would be cool if some real school chess team brought cheerleaders to a match.  Every time their player made a move they could jump up and down, yell and shake their pom-poms (so to speak).  they would have to be quiet between moves, but for a few seconds right after their team's move...   "Push 'em back!  Push 'em back! Waaaay back!" would be appropriate.  So might, "Who dat say they gonna take our King?!" or "Check him again!  Check him again!  Harder!  Harder!"
powerpossum
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 09:47:57 am »

"Push 'em back!  Push 'em back! Waaaay back!" would be appropriate.  So might, "Who dat say they gonna take our King?!" or "Check him again!  Check him again!  Harder!  Harder!"

'We've got spirit! We've got more! Move that bishop to queen four! Yaaaaaay!' *highkick highkick*

I predict a massive increase in chess match attendance, were this to come to pass.
elbenton
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Insert clever phrase or quotation here.

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 10:53:08 am »

Not to mention an increase in the sales of new cheerleading uniforms with chess piece silhouettes on them.  How about endorsements?  "Whenever I get ready for a big match, I get tuned up with Bud Light!"
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2012, 10:54:56 am »

Left-to-right, farthest to closest in the last panel: Caitlyn, Hitomi, Wendy, Imani, Rachel.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2012, 08:37:57 pm »

Okay, that's interesting and informative.Grin  But I notice there's one member of the cheer team missing from this installment.

In Denoument, that looks like Hitomi (with a rounder, more sympathetic face) right next to Cait.  Left to right in that Denoument panel, it's Hitomi, Wendy, Cait, and Imani, but the person right next to Cait (on the far right) isn't in this guest issue flashback.  Who's that? Huh It doesn't look like Rachel.  Different face shape, distinguishing marks, and makeup preferences (obviously a hair color change is fairly easy).  So, who's the mystery brunette at Cait's elbow as she's telling them all about Adrian and bits of her Weekend of the Watch?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 08:41:56 pm by jmundt29 » Logged
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2012, 08:53:25 pm »

Exactly the same people in 79 and Guest 4, so any variation is artistic license.

GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2012, 03:05:56 am »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 01:04:58 pm by GodWilling » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2012, 09:00:17 am »

Never heard it before, but I'm sheltered.Wink

About Rachel--If that's really her next to Caitlyn on the extreme right of the panel in #79, was she a fellow freshman or an early enrollee (spring enrollee?)?  Because aside from her body changes, she has different hair, face eye-color, and make-up/lipstick preferences in the guest flashback entry.  My reaction to all of that is Huh Huh Huh  Shocked Huh
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: