Mind Control Comics Forum
April 22, 2024, 11:57:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: The Hidden Knowledge #8  (Read 61451 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: September 22, 2012, 05:13:36 am »

Is Daffyd controlling the book, or is it controlling him?

Coming October 24th!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Vidor
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 01:38:05 am »

Man, that's a six month gap between comics.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 09:12:45 am »

Man, that's a six month gap between comics.

You're welcome.

We're trying to move to a every-two-months schedule for at least HK and BR... let's see if it works!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 09:28:59 am by Daphne » Logged

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Chettbaker
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

Reformed Spiritual Grifter

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 06:13:35 pm »

I really wish there were a like button in way of response to posts.  Specifically since its only Seven Days Away!!!
raven
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 04:08:33 pm »

*like!*
Prezfevr18
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 12:14:18 am »

So when pupils shrink other things grow to compensate?  That is a trend worth looking in to.
Vidor
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 06:28:15 am »

I...didn't like this.

And it pains me to say that since this is my favorite MCC comic and we've waited five damn months for this issue and I was looking forward to it so much that I hid in a bathroom stall at work and read it on my ipad rather than wait to go home.

But I didn't like the girls being all zombified with the tiny pupils.  I especially didn't like that happening to Janice--she's been an interesting character, and it would have been interesting to see her adjust to being an obedient slave while still being Janice.  As Kayleigh and Tari (and presumably Ulrika) have.  Now she's some zombie robot, it seems, as are Lela and possibly (didn't really get a good look at her eyes) Marlissa.  Bleah.  Also, and opinions may differ here, those tits that he gave her in the last panel are gross.  Don't get me wrong, I love a nice huge set of tits--Keeley Hazell, Iga Wyrwal, Sasha Bonilova, almost all the girls in the first seven issues of this comic.  But the new freak show tits that Janice has at the end?  Ick.

Oh well.  There seems to be an element here where the book is acting like the One Ring, corrupting Daffyd.  That dude who's been sniffing around after him is strongly reminiscent of a Ringwraith.  It will be interesting to see if his intentions are truly as benevolent as he made out when talking to Kayleigh.

Would it be asking too much for Janice to get her personality, previous rack, and pupils back in the next installment?  Pretty please with sugar on top?

Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 07:18:57 am »

I had a very different read of this than Vidor.  I don't think Janice has been zombified or bodily adjusted - I think that's Lela at the end.  My read on what's happening is that Daffyd panicked at the end of issue 7, and is now fully enslaving everyone at the book's suggestion and in the way it said to.  (I think Gold!Tari from issue 7 is the means by which the book communicates with its owner.)  So:  Lela is 'sculpted as he pleases' (issue 7, page 5). 

I do think that the victims temporarily zombify while the commands are taking place, so I think that's what we see with the non-Lela characters throughout this issue.

One thing that is very interesting:  Clovis Levesque's power seems to be disappearing.  I take this to mean that the book has somehow chosen a new owner, and the previous owner is losing his power as a result.

My only complaint, really, is that I want to see what happens next.  I read issue 8 as a transitional one from the middle of the story to the beginning of the end.  (Now that I have made that confident prediction, you can comfortably watch as this story goes to 32 issues, and really we're actually at the end of the beginning of the story instead of getting closer to a resolution.  As I've said in other threads, I reserve the right to be very wrong.)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 08:07:12 am »

But the new freak show tits that Janice has at the end?

I won't argue with the characterization of the boobs, but that's Lela, not Janice. Smiley

Garg22
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 10:34:54 am »

Loved the eyes in this.  It seems to suggest that going too far with the commands fries a woman's brains.  I guess only time will tell, can't wait for the next installment.
stormrazor2000
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 01:40:25 pm »

To weigh in on the eyes. I liked the intent, but I think the artist just took it too far into the uncanny valley.
Geezy
Browser
One Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 04:01:29 pm »

Only problem I had were with the boobs on last page. I really like a variety and I think too many of the comics now are enlarging every girls tits. I think we need some with small and some with large, mix it up a bit. I am worried future ones for this and Bearing Gifts will go down the same path.
HarryManBack
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Art Monkey

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 07:27:54 pm »

Only problem I had were with the boobs on last page. I really like a variety and I think too many of the comics now are enlarging every girls tits. I think we need some with small and some with large, mix it up a bit. I am worried future ones for this and Bearing Gifts will go down the same path.
The breast enlargement thing was telegraphed very very early in the story, though.  It's not at all a new aspect to HK.
Vidor
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2012, 10:57:24 pm »

I had a very different read of this than Vidor.  I don't think Janice has been zombified or bodily adjusted - I think that's Lela at the end.  My read on what's happening is that Daffyd panicked at the end of issue 7, and is now fully enslaving everyone at the book's suggestion and in the way it said to.  (I think Gold!Tari from issue 7 is the means by which the book communicates with its owner.)  So:  Lela is 'sculpted as he pleases' (issue 7, page 5). 

I do think that the victims temporarily zombify while the commands are taking place, so I think that's what we see with the non-Lela characters throughout this issue.

Well, I was corrected on the identity of that character.  And I suppose Janice and Marlissa aren't permanently enslaved--it is true that all the other girls temporarily went blank-eyed when Daffyd was putting the whammy on them, and Lela might be the only one who has been left that way.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2012, 08:10:29 pm »

And here is where the dots might connect on HK and BR.  I think the Rubies are the brainchild of the mutant/zombie/mage whatever-he-is who had The Book and lost it.

On a side note--I'm a little depressed that Daffyd is now hovering somewhere between Bertram and the lead from Bigger on attitude and use of power.  I'm hoping he doesn't veer any farther toward Pwned, or he'll be indistinguishable from his oppenents (except for possibly limited experience, and brainpower).  That's just depressing.  Please, please, PLEASE let his innate goodness (whatever's left of it) reassert itself and I BEG you, don't let Adrian go down this path.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: