Mind Control Comics Forum
October 07, 2024, 01:32:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary #1317: “Otzar”  (Read 2157 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: September 11, 2023, 12:04:01 am »

Script: Daphne • Line Art: Plutonian Knight • Colors and Lettering: Octavia Moon

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2023, 12:07:37 am »

Well, that escalated quickly.  Are we going to have naked zombies shambling around moaning "brains"?
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2023, 01:33:37 am »

So as we all know, in the Jewish tradition the Otzar is the Treasury of Souls, located in the Seventh Heaven (or Jacqui's place, whichever is nearer). I suspect that this is not directly connected to what Miriam is doing here, any more than the Queen Mab reference was. Rather I suspect these are vague clues as to the nature of what she's doing, which she has pretty much told us now anyway. I can see why she may be finding Erin useful in her current state, but not why she hasn't already done this to Jacqui, unless she wanted to try it on someone else first. So the main question I've got is: does this mean she values Réka, or that she doesn't? And maybe the second question is: will Réka's breasts grow bigger if she doesn't have a soul?
Sharque
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2023, 02:54:12 am »

Mf took my soul, can’t have shit in Kearsage.

Seriously tho, I’m now very confused as to what Miriam’s end goal is. This seems to go beyond simply recruiting for Jakob unconsciously; there seems like some far more nefarious purpose to hollowing out Reka and Jacqui.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 03:28:44 am by Sharque » Logged
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2023, 06:32:54 am »

there seems like some far more nefarious purpose to hollowing out Reka and Jacqui.

It has occurred to me that, despite appearances, she may actually be acting to protect them. After all, Jacqui and Réka are the two women in town she's ostensibly closest to. She may be having some fun with it (and them) at the same time, but then so is Caitlyn where she's holed up.

(I do, incidentally, love the art in this page, as well as everything else.)
Sharque
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2023, 06:42:12 am »

Every time I see Erin making an odd face this arc I’ve thought, “maybe she’s breaking free, she seems bothered by something.” At this point, I’ve been wrong enough that I wonder if Erin will obey to the point than her own soul is consumed, so that by the time Adrian and co. get there it’s just Miriam and three soulless dolls
Sharque
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2023, 06:50:11 am »

there seems like some far more nefarious purpose to hollowing out Reka and Jacqui.

It has occurred to me that, despite appearances, she may actually be acting to protect them. After all, Jacqui and Réka are the two women in town she's ostensibly closest to. She may be having some fun with it (and them) at the same time, but then so is Caitlyn where she's holed up.

(I do, incidentally, love the art in this page, as well as everything else.)

I don’t know if I’d go that far. Caitlyn and the twins’ machinations are wrong from the outside perspective, but pretty standard for SJI at this point and likely harmless overall. Miriam’s actions have been continually framed with a sinister light since the boobs mess started. From the very first panel that she recognized Erin’s suggestibility, her eyes are dark, her words menacing, her actions of domination brutal (Dani’s reprogramming into the tits-and-holes bimbo, Jacqui being mindfucked, Reka having her soul[?] removed). It goes beyond the standard of MC that SJI has for the protags; the only one whose MC is portrayed as this totally cruel and oppressive is Jakob. I almost wonder if, rather than it being Miriam reacting to some hidden commands, if it’s instead some latent mental conditioning she received from him to be dominating and possessive in her control. Remember, all the way back during her memory dream sequence, Dani confirmed the “tits and holes” thing was a fetish of Jakob’s and that he liked his women very empty. That seems to be the same thing Miriam is pursuing.

Jakob would likely approve of Miriam’s lobotomizing of Reka and Jacqui. Adrian would not
« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 06:52:13 am by Sharque » Logged
lancehunter
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2023, 09:56:59 am »

It definitely feels like things are building to a big showdown between Adrian and Miriam, and potentially even setting up Miriam as a Jakob-level primary antagonist. I do wonder if the two other perfume-based storylines (Laura looking to create more perfume, Caitlyn domming Hitomi and Professor Síndria) will intersect before or after that happens.
Sharque
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2023, 12:56:14 pm »

By the way, at this point we are 3 years into this singular day. In the span of 24 hours, Miriam has woken up with her mother and Adrian in bed, the three of them and Erin met at the coffee shop to hear the Wilmot saga (as well as showing us the extended flashbacks to Miel and Dinah’s misadventures), Adrian has gone searching for Dinah’s records, Dani has interacted with Amalthea to condition her toward Adrian, Erin and Jacqui hooked up at the shop, Miriam teased Heidi, Adrian had sex with Anya and Jacqui, Adrian went to see Hitomi and Caitlyn, Erin took samples of the perfume from Laura causing her and Dani’s boobs to grow, Miriam and Mallory arrived at the infirmary and Miriam began her domination of those three and Raven, Lauren and the twins had their boobs grow and subsequently enslaved Compton with plans to make more of the formula, Hitomi and Caitlyn got dosed after Adrian went to the Infirmary and left to enslave the other professor, Adrian has sex with Dani and then Mallory and Raven while Erin and Miriam slip away, Erin and Miriam head to Jacqui’s to condition her with the perfume and are currently in the process of doing the same to Reka, Adrian and Aiken figure out that shenanigans are going on and plan to converge at Jacqui’s, and Adrian decides to rebuild the watch to strip everyone of Jakob’s programming starting with Marliese.

All that—3 years of comics and plot—has been a single day.

And the night is young.
Tony
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2023, 03:41:08 pm »

I'm afraid you've missed a few mornings. They are pretty obvious with either something to do with coffee for someone or in the diner (with coffee).

I believe these issues are either the start of a day or very close to it.

13 Jul 2018 - 748
09 Oct 2020 - 996
23 Nov 2021 - 1108
01 Apr 2023 - 1268

So  although, there was a  two year day that ran from mid 2018 to late 2020, the last day we've been through was only a year and a half running from late 2021 until early 2023.
Sharque
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2023, 04:57:21 pm »

I'm afraid you've missed a few mornings. They are pretty obvious with either something to do with coffee for someone or in the diner (with coffee).

I believe these issues are either the start of a day or very close to it.

13 Jul 2018 - 748
09 Oct 2020 - 996
23 Nov 2021 - 1108
01 Apr 2023 - 1268

So  although, there was a  two year day that ran from mid 2018 to late 2020, the last day we've been through was only a year and a half running from late 2021 until early 2023.

No. 1108 is the transition from Adrian and Jacqui recounting the story of Patrick and Miel in college to Adrian trying to find Dinah’s student records. They leave the coffee shop after.

Adrian says in 999 that he has his date with Dani that night, but that he has time to recount the story. So the date with Dani happens the same day as the college memories.

Then, 1268 is the beginning of the 3 issue… dream sequence? Maybe? That Adrian has where Erin is moving to LA and he is still dating Echo. 1268-1270 have no correlation to the breast expansion plotline (that we know of). Immediately after that Adrian is accepting the phone call from Laurel, which happens the same night that Miriam begins her domination binge.

Everything from issue 992 when Miriam, Adrian, and Jacqui wake up in bed together to the present happens on the same day.
Sharque
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2023, 05:04:35 pm »

Two questions:

First, could this be a reference to the Jewish legend of the golem? It seems to fit with sucking out Reka’s soul, leaving her essentially lifeless. It would be an inversion of the golem with, as instead of the lifeless thing being given life and then being an assistant and helper, Reka is having the life drained from her and is instead useful as a slave. She doesn’t even respond with the customary “yes mistress” to Miriam’s order to stand; she just does it impassively.

Second, was the perfume used on Reka? Miriam seemed poised to do that in the last panel starring them, and yet in this one whatever process she was doing seems complete and Reka looks pretty much the same.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2023, 03:39:40 am »

Every time I see Erin making an odd face this arc I’ve thought, “maybe she’s breaking free, she seems bothered by something.”

I keep wondering if there was anything significant in Erin touching Dani in 1188 just before she submitted to Miriam.

Caitlyn and the twins’ machinations are wrong from the outside perspective, but pretty standard for SJI at this point and likely harmless overall. Miriam’s actions have been continually framed with a sinister light since the boobs mess started ... Jakob would likely approve of Miriam’s lobotomizing of Reka and Jacqui. Adrian would not

Caitlyn's actions upon noticing the effects of the perfume seemed a little random. And I am conscious, as this day draws on, of a sense that some of the pages relating to Caitlyn's bolthole and Amy and Hayley's place exist solely to allow the main event to skip forward in time. But Caitlyn is C.Hess, the mistress of chess. So my current best guess is that she identified the perfume in the air of the SJI as an attack on the harem and, realizing she was suggestible, retreated to a safe place. I don't think anyone knows about Caitlyn and her professor, so she's unlikely to be looked for there. She used Pink Clouds on both Hitomi and the professor to ensure their co-operation and avoid being influenced by them. Indeed, Hitomi probably doesn't even know where she is to be able to tell anyone. So while Caitlyn may appear to be indulging in perfume-fuelled sexual domination, she may simply be having fun to while away this time when she's holed up. Pages 1251 and 1252 invite a comparison between Caitlyn at the professor's place and Miriam at Jacqui's place.

I'm not strongly arguing that Miriam isn't up to no good (I think I got the negative count right there); I'm inclined to think that she is. But Réka may be safe from the watch, say, in her current state. She may be safe from the perfume too - who knows? (On the other hand, who knows from which watch wielder Miriam might be providing such protection?) But the fact remains, Miriam may not be evil even though she's undoubtedly being drawn that way. Miriam is - we've been led to believe - a victim of mind control. Her thinking will have been affected by Jakob's influence. Her idea of having fun with mind control will differ from Caitlyn's. Her relationship with Jacqui is complicated.

And for all her talk of draining Dani's mind and mind fucking Mallory, both women appear to be fine now.

was the perfume used on Reka? Miriam seemed poised to do that in the last panel starring them, and yet in this one whatever process she was doing seems complete and Reka looks pretty much the same.

I'm even more inclined to think now that the container seen at the end of 1314 is where Réka's "soul" is currently housed. I think Erin is holding/closing it in the first panel of this page. I could be wrong though.

Caitlyn and Hitomi entered the SJI, were affected by the perfume, and left without (I think) entering the kitchen and taking any of the samples. Caitlyn used her own ordinary Pink Clouds sample on Hitomi. They went to the professor's place and Caitlyn used her sample again on her. The professor's breasts still grew. And Hayley's and Amy's breasts grew apparently just from sharing space with Laura.

So on the face of it, being in the room with Erin and Miriam should have been enough for both Jacqui's and Réka's breasts to grow. If Réka's don't then maybe there's some soul-related element to the process (stop me if I get too technical). I did wonder though if they were showing a little growth when she stood up here. It can be hard to tell - it took a long time for it to be clearly established that Miriam's breasts had grown.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: