Mind Control Comics Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:25:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: The Ring Cycle #14  (Read 3407 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: September 09, 2023, 12:03:56 am »

Jeremy does seem to have a way with older women…

Script: Daphne • Colors: Alekios • Art: H Sefra • Lettering: George Zipp

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
lazytony
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2023, 05:03:24 pm »

Excited for this chapter!
I’ve really enjoyed the shift in art for this series. All issues have been great, but I’ve enjoyed this style the best out of them all.
Vidor
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2023, 08:47:48 am »

Sometimes I really wonder about update frequencies of the comics on this site.  Like, we're getting another edition of "The Ring Cycle" three months after the last one.  Hooray!  This is a good comic!  But there's always a year between issues of the best comic on the site, "The In-Law Unit."

Anyway, this is a good comic.  I guess the woman on the front cover is the hooker neighbor.  I hope our hero gets with Mom this issue, something he still has not done when she is not hypnotized.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2023, 10:49:52 am »

I suspect issue frequency is impacted by multiple factors.  How busy is the artist?  How fast do they work?  How much do they charge?  There's also the fact that Daphne says she writes what she finds hot, so how often is she in the right mood to produce a script for a given series?
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2023, 10:57:51 am »

There are a *lot* of different factors, as noted:

* Speed of the artist.
* Availability of the artist.
* Budget (In-Law Unit is our most expensive comic to produce, by a good margin, except for Starter Marriage, which is sui generis).
* How long it's been since we ran an issue.
* Popular reaction.
* Trying to mix up the "tone" of the comics (like, as much as I love Bigger, say, all-Bigger-all-the-time would make for a pretty dark site).
* And, yes, inspiration on my part.

So… enjoy what happens when it happens, I guess?

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
elenchos
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2023, 11:29:24 am »

There are a *lot* of different factors, as noted:

* Speed of the artist.
* Availability of the artist.
* Budget (In-Law Unit is our most expensive comic to produce, by a good margin, except for Starter Marriage, which is sui generis).
* How long it's been since we ran an issue.
* Popular reaction.
* Trying to mix up the "tone" of the comics (like, as much as I love Bigger, say, all-Bigger-all-the-time would make for a pretty dark site).
* And, yes, inspiration on my part.

So… enjoy what happens when it happens, I guess?

+1, like, Grin, etc.
hereno
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2023, 11:41:10 am »

Also for what it's worth: according to the most recent poll (https://forum.mindcontrolcomics.com/index.php?topic=3461.0), In-Law Unit only came in fifth place, and only got like half the votes of the winner, Trigger Warning.

And Ring Cycle was above In-Law Unit.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 12:18:33 pm by hereno » Logged
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2023, 12:23:26 pm »

Given the number of titles we have, #5 is pretty good!

ozymandias
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Llama llama duck

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2023, 12:12:54 pm »

* Budget (In-Law Unit is our most expensive comic to produce

That surprises me. I would have expected that cost correlated with realism, e.g. James LeMay's art must take a long time to produce, whereas the more "sketch-like" artwork would, I guessed, take less time. But artist's rates vary widely too, I suppose.
ozymandias
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Llama llama duck

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2023, 08:33:13 am »

Also, it's getting to the point where I'm going to need a character guide. Cheesy
hereno
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2023, 10:25:06 am »

This was a fun one. Seems like we're converging on a very large party back at his place.

Conspiracy theory of the day: is he Peter?
Dr. White
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2023, 05:24:36 pm »

Conspiracy theory of the day: is he Peter?

Same thought crossed my mind...

I think I like the idea.

(I'm also waiting to see mom's 'wife' programing kick in)

Everything is about sex except sex. Sex is about power. - Oscar Wilde
Vidor
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2023, 06:02:58 pm »

* Budget (In-Law Unit is our most expensive comic to produce

That surprises me. I would have expected that cost correlated with realism, e.g. James LeMay's art must take a long time to produce, whereas the more "sketch-like" artwork would, I guessed, take less time. But artist's rates vary widely too, I suppose.

"The In-Law Unit" also runs 16 pages per issue.  So while that's fantastic, and allows for greater freedom in storytelling, and is one of the reasons why it's the best comic on the site--it is the best comic on the site, you know, scientists have proven it--one might suppose that it would make the comic 33% more expensive than any other one if all else were equal.

Anyhoo, back to this comic, the one that just got published!  It was good, but I do find myself mildly disappointed that once again we do not see the hero push things with his mom.  There's also story potential with the sister, who in the last episode saw her programming advanced more to that of a pure sex slave.  No more "we have to be quiet so mom doesn't hear" after the "anytime, anywhere" programming kicks in.  Does the hero start getting sexual with his sister right in front of Mom?  Does he just go straight towards making a move on Mom and having her "wife" programming kick in?  Does Mom's "wife" programming kick in on its own and she takes the initiative?  Enquiring minds want to know.
Garg22
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2023, 08:15:52 pm »

I like this more than in law, and if it's cheaper to produce then I will take all I can get.
Sharque
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2023, 05:14:33 am »

Yeah
« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 05:22:17 am by Sharque » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: