Mind Control Comics Forum
October 07, 2024, 11:24:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary #1271: “Getting Take-Out”  (Read 1383 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: April 10, 2023, 12:04:01 am »

Script: Daphne • Line Art: Plutonian Knight • Colors and Lettering: Octavia Moon

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Sharque
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2023, 08:45:31 am »

Alright. So either

A) The previous few panels were an extended what-if and we’re now back to our regularly scheduled program

OR

B) The previous few panels are still “real” in some form of way and we’re simply panning back to Kanti’s story with Giselle.

Points for the former are its seeming contradiction with the established narrative and its seeming disconnectedness to the current plot.

Points for the latter are its not being labeled specifically as a guest page and artworked by a guest artist, which is unusual for the what-if/flashback issues up to now.

Of course, there could be a third possibility I’m completely overlooking, but that’s all I can parcel out at the moment.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2023, 12:12:07 pm »

One different possibility... We saw Kanti experience something in her car that didn't and couldn't have happened. We seem all to be assuming that that was a dreamlike representation of the programming that was being given to her. (I'm not at all suggesting that it wasn't, although how one goes from an experience like that to doing what she's doing now is questionable.) On a lighter note, we saw Hitomi experiencing something that didn't and couldn't have happened in 1262 (I wouldn't like to guess how that was being conveyed so vividly by Caitlyn to her two companions).

We've little knowledge of Giselle, but it seems unlikely that what we just saw was being conjured up by Kanti for her benefit. But Miriam and Jacqui have some history in New York, along with Q. And Jacqui is currently being "programmed" by Miriam, with Erin in attendance. Might Jacqui be experiencing a dreamlike vision of a world in which, say, Jakob never existed?

I doubt that's it, but we can't say we haven't seen other things depicted in the main comic pages that didn't and couldn't have happened. And what is reality anyway? Etc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: