Mind Control Comics Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:33:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary #1264: “Lap of Luxury”  (Read 1074 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: March 20, 2023, 12:04:11 am »

Script: Daphne • Line Art: Plutonian Knight • Colors and Lettering: Octavia Moon

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Sharque
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2023, 08:59:10 pm »

So it seems the Kanti dream and the BE potion are disconnected at this point. I remember that people were wondering if the same person who drugged her was involved in the perfume suggestibility, but this seems like confirmation that Kanti is acting on orders, whereas the perfume is just a freak accident caused by Laura and taken advantage of by Miriam, Caitlyn, and the twins.
jwik01
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2023, 07:51:06 am »

I don't know. The new feature of tagging comics with characters has enabled me to go back and see how some things I missed fit together, but it's still pretty complicated.
lancehunter
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2023, 09:16:44 am »

Yeah, started reading SJI years ago and am still often confused. Though the character tags have been immensely helpful.

I'm guessing that Kanti has been given her first target, since Giselle has only had 2 other appearances and the most recent was in the list of women that Kanti was offering to enslave for Q during the extended dream that started in issue 1128. Now I guess we might get to learn if she is actually doing this for Q, or if there is someone else who used the Pink Clouds on her and put her on this path...
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2023, 03:25:41 pm »

So it seems the Kanti dream and the BE potion are disconnected at this point...

I wouldn't say it was necessarily confirmation just yet that the two threads are disconnected. It will be interesting to get another look at one of the samples that Kanti was given in 1144, because in that page they appeared to be closer to the colour of the new perfume. And there's a bit of a correlation between the women shown in the dream - and the sequence in which they appeared - and the spread of the new perfume. If that was a shopping list then Giselle might be considered one of the more optional items, and an odd place to start. At this point I'm not ruling out Miriam as the person who programmed Kanti.
lancehunter
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2023, 10:33:08 am »

I think technically Kanti was indirectly responsible for the BE perfume, since she texted Laura immediately after being exposed to the Pink Clouds. That caused Laura to be distracted and not keep track of the temperature (issue 1145), which is what likely caused the perfume to have its effects.
joshbain
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2023, 07:10:49 pm »

I think it's certainly clear that someone has set Kanti on this course, regardless of if it's ostensibly or in the short term to Q's benefit.

I am not entirely certain we can rule Q himself out as a suspect?
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2023, 12:09:28 pm »

I am not entirely certain we can rule Q himself out as a suspect?
It would certainly seem to be someone with knowledge of Q.

It actually being Q is kind of the double-bluff. But while obviously nothing's impossible, I'd struggle to see why someone who regularly shares a bed with Kanti would choose to use Pink Clouds on her in her car in a more or less public place. And using Kanti doesn't really put any distance between him and the crime; he might as well go and get the women himself.

The people I think we know to have some history with Q: Jacqui, Miriam, Yves, Sawyer (and Hans), and possibly Katie, and now Giselle too. Anyone else? I think Laura is too unlikely. I don't know whether we can rule out the Vik/Julian/Cherry mix.
joshbain
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2023, 07:48:37 am »

Right, it seems far more likely that Miriam is behind it and / or its designed to make Q look guilty rather than be for his benefit,  but it's hard to rule anything out at this stage.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: