Mind Control Comics Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:54:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: SJI tag corrections  (Read 2720 times)
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« on: August 16, 2022, 07:55:55 pm »

Since this thread came alive again, I guess I'll use it for the following corrections to the SJI character tags:
  • 121: I don't see Raven in the comic, and Adrian isn't tagged.
  • 134 & 135: This should be Erin and Raven, not Mallory and Raven.
  • 141: If Echo's presence in the photo warrants tagging, shouldn't Adrian be tagged too?
  • 161: Should Julian be tagged here, for the break-in?
  • 171: Based on the sleeping arrangements in #168, I think this should be tagged with Erin, not Laura.

That's what I've found up through #250 inclusive.  Further bulletins as events warrant.
ozymandias
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Llama llama duck

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 08:29:24 pm »

They are currently available for Saint James Infirmary, Expanded Universe, and An Education. You can find links on the Title page for each comic, and on the header and footer of each page. Down at the bottom of each page, there's a list of the characters, and a link to the characters' pages

...and I, for one, love them.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2022, 11:27:57 am »

Since this thread came alive again, I guess I'll use it for the following corrections to the SJI character tags:
  • 134 & 135: This should be Erin and Raven, not Mallory and Raven.
  • 141: If Echo's presence in the photo warrants tagging, shouldn't Adrian be tagged too?
  • 161: Should Julian be tagged here, for the break-in?
  • 171: Based on the sleeping arrangements in #168, I think this should be tagged with Erin, not Laura.

That's what I've found up through #250 inclusive.  Further bulletins as events warrant.

• 121: Raven's there. Adrian was an oversight, thanks.
  • 134 & 135: Yep!
  • 141: Reasonable point!
  • 161: Nice try. :-)
  • 171: Yep!

Corrections made.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2022, 11:40:17 am »

...I confirm those people in The Conversation that we've met already:

• Panel 1: Kanti is walking out of the lingerie store.
  • Panel 2: Raven is racing out of Passion Source, which is a female-friendly sex stuff store similar to Good Vibrations or Babeland.
  • Panel 3: That's Q pushing the cart.
  • Panel 4: That's Sawyer and Hans coming out of the bookstore. (To answer another question, it's Thoth Occult Books in Hidden Knowledge.)
  • Panel 5: That's Miriam coming out of the fish store.

The others may or may not be supernumeraries.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2022, 04:39:49 pm »

Ah, I misidentified the woman in #121 panel 2 as Erin because I mistook the red hat for red hair.  Of course, this raises the question of why Erin is also tagged for this comic because now I don't see her.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2022, 07:43:39 pm »

More corrections:

• #275: I don't think Kanti is in this one.
  • #329: Back in #G19, which I think is supposed to be the same scene, the blonde is tagged as Annie, but in #329 she's tagged as Katie.
  • #332: I'm not seeing Cherry, unless she's the cop, which would be very interesting...

And that takes me through #350 inclusive.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2022, 10:09:56 pm »

More corrections:

• #275: That's Kanti on the phone.
  • #329: Back in #G19, which I think is supposed to be the same scene, the blonde is tagged as Annie, but in #329 she's tagged as Katie.
  • #332: I'm not seeing Cherry, unless she's the cop, which would be very interesting...

And that takes me through #350 inclusive.

• #275: She's the speaker in the first panel.
  • #329: We'll study this interesting problem.
  • #332: Yes, Cherry is the cop.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2022, 11:55:08 pm »

• #275: [Kanti is] the speaker in the first panel.
Ah, right.  People speaking/communicating remotely still count.

• #332: Yes, Cherry is the cop.

Well... that is interesting.  If my understanding of the SJI social maps is correct we wouldn't expect her to have been involved in the Pink Clouds thread.

I hope you don't mind my posting these possible corrections.  I think enough of them have been valid to justify the ones that turned out wrong.  Besides, it serves as a good reason for doing an archive trawl, which is turning out to be more time consuming than I'd originally expected.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 11:57:15 pm by mns_95125 » Logged
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2022, 01:31:01 pm »

I hope you don't mind my posting these possible corrections.

Oh, no, thank you for doing so!

I'm going to move this thread over to SJI shortly, since it's about that title, so if you are wondering what happened to it, there it is. :-)

mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2022, 05:40:25 pm »

More questions and comments:

• #359: I assume Miel is one of the students in panel 3?
  • #438: I'd argue that we have enough information, based on #435, to conclude that Vik is in the orange car.
  • #443: Adrian is not in this one.
  • #444: In the past, people in photographs have been tagged.  On that basis, Patrick and Miel should be tagged here.

And that takes me through #450 inclusive.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2022, 10:43:27 pm »

#359: Is the question "Which one is Miel?"
#438: It's an edge case. The rule is that we are cataloging "appearances," but I think this can be argued as such.
#443: Fixed, thanks!
#444: An edge case, and if I recall we went back and forth on it, but I think it's fine to include them.

Thanks!

GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2022, 11:57:06 am »

The first panel of 269 suggests that Annie may have become Katie. laguna85 pointed out as early as 219 that Annie in the guest page looked like Katie. I don't know if it was a mistake for which 269 sought to provide a cover.

Funnily enough, I had wondered if Cherry and Julian were disguised as the campus cops in 247. I'd forgotten, but we were told in the forum that Cherry was the cop in 332. I'm not sure if it's possible for Cherry to actually have been a cop in Kearsarge at that time. Note that 823 seems to place Vik at the New York harem (getting blown by Cherry?) in a character's memories. (Actually, I say a character's memories, but Echo appears to be in New York right now, and not in The Cloud, so I'm not sure to whom those memories belong.) We now have it confirmed that that's Miel in the last panel of that page too. But is it really? Is Vik there?

mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2022, 09:15:35 pm »

Another batch.

• #456: Should be Miriam, not Danielle.
  • #488: Erin is not in this one.  Per #489 she's upstairs on a Skype call with Aiken.
  • #492: Interesting... I never realized Julian was the offscreen speaker in this one.
  • #512: Amy and Hayley are in this one too.
  • #571: I think that's Meghan in the first panel.
  • #588: I think the woman with Julian in the hotel is Patricia?
  • #590: Jakob in spite of appearances, I guess.
  • #597: And here the man in the crystal vision is tagged as Adrian.  Is there a reason for the inconsistency, or is it a glitch in the Matrix?  The same question applies to #599.

And that's through #600 inclusive.  Halfway done!
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2022, 09:00:49 am »

Thanks!

GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2022, 01:52:57 pm »

Not to tread on anyone's toes but I chanced upon a couple in the 900s and ended up checking through (I think) 750 to now.

• 777 Burt isn't listed
  • 804 Maybe this one got overwritten with 807's list (should be Julian, Mallory).
  • 807 No one is listed (should be Kanti, Patricia, Rowena).
  • 831 Kanti isn't listed.
  • 859/928 Probably correctly labelled but... Kanti left The Cloud twice?
  • 886 Technically Amaltheia has a speech bubble here even if it's empty.
  • 895 Erin isn't listed.
  • 914 Adrian isn't shown.
  • 915 Mallory is listed but she isn't shown.
  • 916 Mallory is not listed but she is shown.
  • 929/933 Pamela is only listed for these two pages. Is she Patricia?
  • 965 Rachel isn't listed.
  • 1043 Patrick not Adrian.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: