Mind Control Comics Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:44:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Joined a few months ago. My general thoughts.  (Read 6550 times)
marcus
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

« on: June 03, 2022, 07:02:17 am »

Hi, I've been a fan of your comics for years and a subscriber to the website for a few months now.
I thought I'd post a few musings I've had about the evolution of MCC stories. I believe I might appear overly negative. If so, don't worry. There is plenty to love about the content here. I'm also not a native speaker so I apologize for any mistakes/weird turn of phrases.
So without further ado :
First, as I've seen the stories coming from MCC, I started to realize that I prefer more and more the shorter ones here.
Mostly for some very specific reasons:
One is that, like most TV shows, I think some series here have been stretched too far. In an attempt to find unneeded twists, simple concepts have deviated from what made them interesting. And I suspect that like a tv show, some readers hang on to series by comfort and fidelity.
Linked to that, I think some annoying tropes have creeped up :
- the inconsequential mind control. The mind control can be removed easily, so that we can have more and more adventures/twists and various brainwashings, followed by new new hypnosis, new brain erasure, new mantras, etc. All of them not amounting to anything because remplacing the previous one or being lifted off.
- the changing of the master/mind controller. Nothing worse than following the exploits of one mind controller and then see him lose everything and his work undone by someone else.

All in all. Rather than those tropes, what I believe would be more interesting is to see one master develop a progressively ever deeper transformation of his slaves' mind, each technique not erasing but building on the previous one. Incremental corruption etc.
Here are some of the series I believe suffer from what I've mentionned:
_ Beyond Rubies (I haven't bought the anthology yet so there might be some additionnal stuff I haven't read.)
One of the best series on MCC. The first chapters are perfect gradual transformation and corruption. Then it turns out the husband was kind of over his head. A disapointment, sure. But at least we have our new mind controller/proactive character : Monsonis. Competent, commited, knows what he wants, and most importantly pushes the transformations and progression of it further. Very lackluster ending, he ends up punished for being at the forefront of the transformations we read this comic for.
_ Cuckoos Nest : Honey has escaped from so many mind control schemes. I don't take any seriously. I'm happy if at least we get to have the secondary characters fall to some real mc and transformation.
_ By the Book 2 : While by the book 1 was one of my favorite stories, the second one seems hellbent on destroying everything our protagonist built with the first one. Apparently, the mind control is easily washed away, redirected toward the latest random guy walking around... Pass.
(Other stories who fell to those tropes: Roll Playing, Enchanted Summer...)

Series that avoided falling to the tropes so far (not extensive):
_ Bigger :  our protagonist seems to be building something. Each time he has a sex with his women they fall deeper and deeper under his control and in adoration of him. Simple. Wish fullfilment. But efficient.
_ Hidden Knowledge :  Main protagonist is ressourceful, and the progression of his conquests' infatuation towards him is fun. Fan of the breast growth tf that goes with it. Not a fan of the extreme breast expansion. Especially if not balanced by hips growing too, etc.
_ Friend request : like Bigger, simple formula but well executed. The progressive infatuation of our protagonists' quarries, their rationalization, is endlessly fun to read about.
Other stories include: Sudo, The Ring Cycle, The In Law Unit, Extreme Makeover,  most of the one-offs and earlier stories)

Plenty more to say on the other stories. But I'll think I'll just post it on each series' section.
Lots of positive things I haven't mentionned, like the dialogue, good "production value" of most comics, etc.
lancehunter
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2022, 07:57:22 am »

It seems like you are admitting that there are plenty of stories on this site that do fit your preferences. If that's the case, why worry about the ones that don't? We're blessed to have a huge variety in the content produced here. Every MC dynamic or story element that one person finds annoying is likely someone else's favorite. The good news is: even if the issue getting released this week isn't your cup of tea, there will be something completely different next week.
marcus
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2022, 12:22:31 pm »

Who knows?
I'm making this post in the purpose of feedback only, as a longtime reader.
As I've just mentionned, some stories that I've enjoyed, I do much less specifically because of those tropes. So I explain why and try to offer construtive criticism, hoping the few stories I still enjoy don't go that route.
It might be helpful information to the author.
hereno
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2022, 12:55:25 pm »

as a longtime reader

A longtime reader... who joined a few months ago? (This site has been around for 12 years.)
marcus
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2022, 01:28:04 pm »

Yep. I won't go into details but I'd stumbled upon the comics on various websites. Figured I might as well join once I found out where to and got the means to do so, even just as thanks for the years of entertainment it had already given me.  
lancehunter
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2022, 08:21:49 pm »

I recommend keeping track of the Surveys forum. There are the annual surveys where we all choose our favorite titles, and they will often post occasional other surveys on how much we like or dislike particular story elements.
marcus
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2022, 11:44:02 pm »

I recommend keeping track of the Surveys forum. There are the annual surveys where we all choose our favorite titles, and they will often post occasional other surveys on how much we like or dislike particular story elements.
Thanks !  I'll be sure to do so.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2022, 06:04:07 pm »

Thank you for taking the time to write that up! (No sarcasm.) I know that not every title will appeal to every person. For every person who isn't happy when the controller "loses" or is replaced by another, there's someone who complains about the lack of drama and conflict. I just write as many different things as I can, and hope for the best!

I do think it's unfair to pick on poor Cuckoo's Nest, though. :-) That's always been a Perils of Pauline absurd story; that's what it's *for*.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
marcus
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2022, 03:28:56 pm »

Thank you for taking the time to write that up! (No sarcasm.) I know that not every title will appeal to every person. For every person who isn't happy when the controller "loses" or is replaced by another, there's someone who complains about the lack of drama and conflict. I just write as many different things as I can, and hope for the best!

I do think it's unfair to pick on poor Cuckoo's Nest, though. :-) That's always been a Perils of Pauline absurd story; that's what it's *for*.
Hi. You're right concerning Cuckoo's Nest. For that reason, I hesitated to put it in my list. I guess, I rather wanted to stress out the fact that I didn't want all stories to turn into it than condem it unnecessarily.. And as I said, at least the secondary characters do get some real corruption/transformation.
You raise a fair point about the lack of drama. But I'd say some alternatives to those "disruptive" tropes could be stuff like having the mindcontroller encounter hidden blocages, relations who might be able to endanger his emprise, etc. I don't mind struggle and difficulty. As long as it leads our mindcontroller to end up with a, better understanding of, deeper sway over, and more infatuation from his quarry.
Anyway thanks for the response and for your work.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 12:53:30 am by marcus » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: