Mind Control Comics Forum
April 29, 2024, 12:26:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary #1133: “An Oral Tradition”  (Read 1467 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: February 07, 2022, 01:02:28 am »

Script: Daphne • Line Art: Plutonian Knight • Colors and Lettering: Octavia Moon

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
joshbain
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2022, 07:25:22 am »

"How is this real?"

Good question Q... good question...
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2022, 04:54:02 pm »

I just want to say that I love the second panel of this comic.  Just gorgeous.

With regard to the question, I'm pretty sure this isn't real; the last time we saw Erin she was getting ready to do Jacqui in the record store.  It would be a huge jump from that to this with no explanation.
joshbain
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2022, 08:35:55 pm »

Which is not even to mention the pervasive odd color tone...
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2022, 10:02:06 pm »

Interestingly the first comic in this arc, #1128, is colored normally.
caseyx
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2022, 10:07:34 pm »

I was also thinking the color scheme meant something, that it was an indication that this was a dream or unreal in some way.  But now I think it's just meant to indicate that the rooms is lit by candles. You can see them in the background of every page.  #1128 is colored normally because they hadn't gone into the bedroom yet.

I still am not sure that this is real.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2022, 01:02:23 pm »

Is what happened in The Cloud real?

It's quite a jump from Kanti getting into her car in the morning, to a meal that you'd have to hope wasn't breakfast, followed by some candlelit nookie. I think this is playing out in Kanti's mind. I don't get the impression that Q would program her to "recruit" Laura and Erin. I suspect someone else is doing that - and probably not for Q's benefit, unless it's to frame him. 995 had Kanti briefly slipping back into her Cloud mindset though, so the possibility exists that even what happened in the car wasn't real, and that this is an even longer slip. So maybe Kanti's Cloud programming will take her over. Whether that makes events in The Cloud any more real or not, I couldn't guess.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: