Mind Control Comics Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:50:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Audiophilia #17  (Read 8504 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: September 19, 2018, 12:01:15 am »

One woman's story, the conclusion…

Written by: Daphne • Art: Raro 666 • Lettering: George Zipp

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 12:44:22 am »

Cry
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 01:06:46 am »

good long run now is hard to come up good story. so time to end. Yes some part of me is sad.
time for the long box. sad
Skyrender
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Troll-Blooded

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 01:22:56 am »

Are we sure it's the end of Audiophilia, or is it just the end of that girl's story?

Murphy said "Whatever CAN go wrong, WILL go wrong."

I say: "Murphy must've been an incurable optimist, because in my experience even things that CAN'T go wrong... somehow DO..."
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 01:26:37 am »

Are we sure it's the end of Audiophilia, or is it just the end of that girl's story?

It's the end of Audiophilia, at least for now.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 03:04:52 am »

Never is a good way to end a story like this; just gotta walk away at some point, hopefully on a high note. This 2-parter was thus a rather clever and effective way to go out. Her story comes to a close, which in turn provides bank-shot closure for the series as a whole. Final group portrait of the harem really helps too. Has been a top-5 title for me and I will miss it, but there are only so many weeks in the year. Here’s to a great run, and whatever appears next instead!

Edit: I a few words.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 07:32:11 am by lifmcs » Logged
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2018, 08:05:06 am »

It's a good ending, and probably the right time.  This was a "lather, rinse, repeat" kind of story, similar to Free Cable, and at a certain point there just isn't anything new to do inside the story framework.  Once you hit that point it's best to wrap it up.
hereno
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2018, 11:35:44 am »

Portrait of a Comic, Pushing My Buttons

I think Audiophilia varied in quality over the years, but what an incredible high note to go out on.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2018, 12:50:37 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 08:47:15 am by GodWilling » Logged
remora
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2018, 05:12:58 pm »

Tbh, this was my least favorite of the series with 10+ issues.  I really liked the art and I never really disliked it but telling a mind control story without any dialogue is just hard to do. After the first couple issues, it became really hard to differentiate between the girls since we saw almost nothing of them before they put on the ear buds, and they never had any dialogue or characterization.  

Would love to see more stuff with the artist though.

edit: apparently there was some dialogue. my bad.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 05:17:10 pm by remora » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: