Mind Control Comics Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:25:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Awful Truth  (Read 3292 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: June 12, 2021, 09:29:52 am »

He's sent her a very important warning video. Of course, she watches it with great interest…

Script: Daphne • Art: Sturkwurk

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
carmel0
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2021, 11:27:02 am »

If this is anything like 'Transcript', the 'awful truth' is. I am really looking forward to it.
madboy7931
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2021, 01:48:57 pm »

Same here! LOVED Transcript Smiley
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2021, 03:23:52 am »

Thank you for this. 1d4 you both.
grey_shadow
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2021, 05:48:14 am »

At least for me, it didn't hit the same level as Transcript and Replay - she doesn't even have a name, let alone a character, and there's barely any indication of what the video's actually doing.

It's a nice idea, but, for me, MCT's Truth About Self Hypnosis (well worth checking out if you haven't already got it) and the two comics mentioned scratch this particular itch better.
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2021, 10:23:12 am »

I don't know, not everything needs character development. There was enough at the start to sketch out an idea of a woman not impressed by the date she just had, and now the creep is sending her unsolicited video links, but she's going to humor him before blocking his address, because she's bored (which was why she even went on the date in the first place) ...and also maybe probably under a post-hypnotic suggestion to do so.

Unusually I'm Mr. Show Me, but this was all about a stealth induction and conditioning. Sure it might have been fun to see what sort of cheesy visuals accompanied the insidious *cough cough* transcript, but there's only so many panels available and I think they were well spent.
hereno
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2021, 12:26:35 pm »

I feel like a couple of survey results manifested in this one. And... I liked it!
USNAWolf
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2021, 03:30:47 pm »

I'm very likely the extreme outlier here, but for me, this was a complete miss.

First, I'm not a fan of rendered art.  That is purely personal preference.  I simply don't find it visually interesting or feel that it flows with a story as well.

A good story can overcome mediocre, or even bad art.  I enjoy Martian Harem, but would find it even more amazing with art by someone like James Lemay or Richard Rasch.  But this was simply a long and tedious induction, with a completely predictable outcome. Add the fact that there is no characterization, as a reader, I have no investment in what happens to this woman.

That being said, I love the site as a whole and much of what you do is utterly fantastic (Pun intended).  And I do realize that not everything will appeal to everyone.

But frankly, with the standards you've set, I expected much better.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 06:12:51 pm by USNAWolf » Logged
rdaneel
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2021, 02:26:23 am »

I really enjoyed the setting, the renders, the models, and the poses. Thanks a lot!
carmel0
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2021, 05:04:28 pm »

I agree it was not nearly as good as 'Transcript', but not a bad story.
I think more dialogue would have made it better.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: