Mind Control Comics Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:29:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Do you prefer more plot threads per issue, or more pages per plot thread?  (Voting closed: February 22, 2021, 05:38:40 pm)
More threads. - 1 (2.8%)
No preference. - 6 (16.7%)
More pages. - 29 (80.6%)
Total Voters: 36

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: For "anthology" series, which do you prefer?  (Read 10462 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: February 15, 2021, 05:38:40 pm »

On an "anthology" series like Waiting Room, where a lot of different plot threads are going on, which do you prefer: That we focus on fewer plot threads per issue with more pages devoted to them, or more plot threads per issue with fewer pages?

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
caseyx
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2021, 07:37:56 pm »

I think I'd prefer fewer threads so that we get some development in the story.  Otherwise it can seem like the story isn't going anywhere.
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2021, 10:00:52 pm »

A mix of both seems best. Having some number of relatively focused issues, followed by a check in with people who haven’t been seen in a while.
Totallyspies
Browser
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2021, 11:18:58 am »

Fewer plot threads per issue is definitely better. There are tons of characters and more keep getting added.
madboy7931
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2021, 02:42:48 pm »

I voted more pages, but I guess it depends on the parts of the story you like the most. For me I loved the Cheerleader storyline so would have loved to have had more of that, and now the Dinah thread is coming along I'd love more of a dive into that, with more in-depth induction parts. I know that's hard as you want the story to also move along. So on balance more pages for me is the only choice, and I'd NEVER complain about getting more Waiting Room Smiley
KingMind
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2021, 08:02:33 pm »

I've been loving Waiting Room so far but I don't want my favourite characters like the Cheerleaders or Officer Breck to be sidelined.  I can't tell you how to write your story but I would like more pages with fewer plot threads.  I really hope Waiting Room is a series that goes on for a long time.
twobears
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2021, 07:54:20 am »

Wildly indifferent

Sorry!
carmel0
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2021, 11:38:08 am »

I voted for 'More Pages'.
A great Mind Control Story story has 3 distinct characteristics.
A knowledge of the characters prior to the Mind Control; an interesting/compelling Mind Control process; and a showcase of the characters after the Mind Control.

One of my favorite stories from your site were the early issues of "By the Book". My complaint was the story added too many characters, too fast. There was so much more that could have been developed with the characters you already had.

I am also a big fan of 'Bigger" because in that story you get knowledge of the different characters first, and the transformation process is slow but drastic (and hot).
ozymandias
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Llama llama duck

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2021, 01:41:46 pm »

I like stories. And when there are 3-4 threads going on, and updates happen more-or-less annually, the story never moves forward.

So: more pages, fewer threads, more story per unit time.
coverthypnotist
Browser
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2021, 02:24:19 pm »

A mix of both seems best. Having some number of relatively focused issues, followed by a check in with people who haven’t been seen in a while.

Ditto.
KingMind
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2021, 05:41:20 pm »

I would say it’s unanimous then
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: