Mind Control Comics Forum
October 06, 2024, 09:20:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary #1020: “L'aprés-midi”  (Read 2779 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: January 25, 2021, 01:02:28 am »

Script: Daphne • Line Art: Plutonian Knight • Colors and Lettering: Octavia Moon

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 09:14:22 am »

Ok, so Miel is programmed to respond to Tarot cards as triggers?  Different reactions for different cards?

That gives a new meaning to "52 card pick-up".
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 02:29:44 pm »

This is a pretty hot subplot so far.

The pop-up text is a Mick Jagger quote that was prefaced by: "I am not a librarian of my own work."

So that proves conclusively that it's not the librarian.

It would make a lot of sense if it did have something to do with the librarian, given that she's still around in the present day and up to this point we don't have a real reason for having been introduced to her (not that we necessarily need one). And she appears to have motive and opportunity.

It would be interesting to hear exactly how Adrian is relating this story about his mother to Miriam. I'm envisioning him being just about to tell us who it is when Erin turns up and interrupts the story by flinging herself at him and demanding to be the centre of attention.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2021, 04:11:36 pm »

How did I not notice the similarity between the new cover and 1010 before? So perhaps we're going to be sticking around in eighties Wilmot for quite some time. I'd definitely approve of that.

While the pin-ups in which 1010 was included are (presumably) not canon, as I've said before 1010 pretty much could be. I was assuming that that was Patrick and Miel's bed though (with an extra bed for Jacqui forming a triple). The only unlikely note was struck by the Get Girls With Hypnosis book, which Patrick wouldn't seem to need, and which made that page more like Miel and Jacqui starring in a Rapid Inductions.

But maybe that isn't their room. And maybe those aren't Patrick's feet in the new cover. Someone does seem to be getting Miel with hypnosis, after all. The decor doesn't seem to fit with what we've seen of Miel and Patrick's tastes. Might Escape From New York constitute a clue then? I'm probably just barking up one of those enjoyably wrong trees.

In a similar vein, spirals are hardly a rare motif around here, but perhaps 1013 was more of a pointer towards what was coming than it appeared at first sight, if 1020 is anything to go by.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2021, 07:27:54 pm »

How did I not notice the similarity between the new cover and 1010 before? So perhaps we're going to be sticking around in eighties Wilmot for quite some time. I'd definitely approve of that.

I hope this doesn't last too long. The story's pace is already glacial.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2021, 12:03:30 pm »

Well, pace and length are two different things. I'd agree that the supply of plot has certainly slowed down in, erm, the last five years. I don't mind it taking its time when there's some heat though, as there is here - in fact I prefer that. But equally, one of the reasons I welcome this diversion is that things in general are likely to move along a little quicker here, at least for a while.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2021, 08:56:51 pm »

Well, pace and length are two different things. I'd agree that the supply of plot has certainly slowed down in, erm, the last five years. I don't mind it taking its time when there's some heat though, as there is here - in fact I prefer that. But equally, one of the reasons I welcome this diversion is that things in general are likely to move along a little quicker here, at least for a while.

We are, but the pace of the story seems to have gotten slower, like we're asymptotically approaching some sort of event.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: