Mind Control Comics Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:57:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MCT audiobooks  (Read 2891 times)
crazydorian
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« on: August 04, 2019, 12:59:29 am »

I've been listening to a lot of audio plays (and a few audio books) lately, and doing a bit of commercial voice work myself, so the last time Daphne announced an MCT sale, I went browsing and grabbed 'The Technique'.  I was pretty happy with it, and thought I'd post a few thoughts.

The Good:
Elenor Markham has an excellent narration voice (and a great voice in general).  I think I've only seen a few MTC films with her, but her voice always grabs my attention when she's in the MCT trailers.  If she isn't doing voiceover work outside of MCT, she should be Cheesy

I think she does a great job differentiating between the character narrating events, and when she's participating in them with dialogue with Henri.

I enjoyed Henri's work during induction scenes as well.

Daphne isn't listed as the writer on the site, or listed in the credits Sintra read out, but I assume it was her work.  It was up to her usual high standard, with Elenor's character slowly revealed to be an unreliable narrator, as we got to hear what was really going on.  

The Bad (and some of this is very nitpicky)

I mentioned I liked Henri's work during the induction sections.  However, there are a number of sections that are workplace banter between Henri and Elenor's characters, and these felt like a low point in the production.  Both were delivering the  lines in a very quick back and forth manner that doesn't sound much like actual dialogue. Both seem to be just reading their dialogue from the page in rapid succession.  These brief exchanges were the low point in the audio for me.

Another minor note, there are few times when Elenor's narrating starts to get into a bit of a sing-song pattern that can be distracting.  I've heard this in a lot of narration though, so I'm sure it isn't unusual.

Also, the dialogue did seem a bit stilted in places, but there could be a few reasons for this.  In other productions where I've noticed it, it seems like the voiceover artist is paying too much attention to the punctuation as written, rather than how one would naturally say the same sentence when spoken aloud.  Elenor's character is relating a story to the audience in a pretty casual manner, and the stilted buts of dialogue seemed more noticeable.

It could definitely be the way it is written too, since dialogue that looks fine on the page can sound odd when ready aloud.  Of course, Henri, Daphne, and Elenor are probably much more familiar with this than I am from all the MTC films, but maybe voice recording alone is different enough production setup that it becomes a more noticeable issue.

-----------------------------
Like I said, very nitpicky, but I really did enjoy it!  In fact, I bought the 'Free Cable' and 'Indiscretion' audios while I was writing this post.

I see that aside from those three (Free Cable 2016, Indiscretion 2018, and The Technique 2019), there's a pretty big gap, as older audio offerings on the site are from 2010 or earlier.  If the MTC crew is consider doing more of these, I think you can consider me an enthusiastic buyer.  The low price point makes it easier to grab them on impulse, whereas I usually have to budget if I want an MTC film, since MCC already takes up a good portion of my erotica budget.   I hope to see more audio releases in the future.
crazydorian
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 01:03:16 am »

If it would make more sense for this to be in the Requests / Suggestions / Ideas forum, please feel free to move it.  I wasn't too sure, and didn't see an existing thread for the audio books elsewhere.
crazydorian
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 03:06:15 am »

Just popping in again to offer some brief thoughts about 'Free Cable' and 'Indiscretion'.

I think a lot of my previous commentary applies to these too as well, though it is just Eleanor Markham voicing these two.

Of the two, I think Free Cable was the weaker, though part of that may have been just the translation from the comic to the audio.  There were a few parts that seemed a bit rushed earlier on, but re-reading the comic, it seems like there would be a more neutral narration voice.  Once the the narrator starts falling under the control of her landlord and the cable static, the emotion in in Eleanor's voice really came though.

Thing brings me to 'Indiscretion', which is probably my favourite of the three audios to which I've listened.  The general concept of the listener being the man the narrator is seducing and mind controlling while her partner takes control of the listener's wife wouldn't do much for me in general, but the writing and Eleanor's acting really takes it to the next level.  Her voice is slow, seductive and takes on an excellent hypnotic rhythm.  Great from start to finish.

To sum up, I'd still love to hear more of these from MCT, either adapted from existing comics where appropriate, or new tales.  I don't really have any preference for length or recording either.   Free cable at 14 min, Indiscretion at 21 min, and the technique at 41 minutes all felt appropriate for the story that was being told.

Well done, and thank you Daphne and all Cheesy
crazydorian
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2020, 09:43:10 pm »

I just saw there were two new audiobooks/plays up!  I didn't see them announced, but I'm pumped to check them out

https://mindcontroltheatre.com/audiobook/lily-leaves-a-voicemail
https://mindcontroltheatre.com/movie/eleanor-leaves-a-voicemail

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: