Mind Control Comics Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:17:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rapid Inductions #61  (Read 1238 times)
jwik01
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2024, 04:54:47 pm »

With the debate about AI images being so heated, I've come to recognize certain tells very quickly, which has the effect of distracting me from the art itself and thus lowering my enjoyment. The ideal AI assistance is the invisible AI assistance. If I was told that, say, today's HMB pinup guest page of Expanded Universe was created with AI tools, my response would be "good for them, streamlining their production process without it affecting the quality of the output."
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2024, 11:08:58 pm »

Most AI art rolls right on down into the uncanny valley for me. That's not to say I'm completely or even particularly opposed to it, but personally it does detract and distract from an art piece, however more detailed or vibrant or well-rendered or whatever it may be. Then again, I do also long for the days of hand-drawn anime, and ain't nobody got the time or the money for that. Technology does march on though, so maybe a happy medium will be reached at some point, kinda like how it has been in a lot of animation.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: