Mind Control Comics Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:05:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Penelope #14  (Read 3216 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: June 08, 2020, 12:02:03 am »

Script: Daphne • Inks: Plutonian Knight • Colors: Maksim Strelkov • Lettering: Hellica

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2020, 10:14:31 am »

Wonderful! More dystopian robot stories.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
Geo
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2020, 07:20:43 pm »

M=How can we be sure they haven't all been mind controlled into believing they are robots?
grimtidings
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Lurker

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2020, 02:00:15 pm »

My hope is that all of this is building the groundwork for a great character-driven mind control story.

Getting only 4 pages at a time does make it slow and I haven't found anyone to identify with yet but it is an interesting world with a logical foundation I can get into.

It looks like AI's here are considered objects but are in the uncanny valley in terms of sentience - much to the chagrin of humanity at large. Eamon, obviously, values them as "people" and treats them in accordance with that belief. For my darker angels that opens the door for exploring the nature of free will.

These ladies are obviously machines but maybe we're getting a setup for someone who ISN'T one but has been programmed like one? Or perhaps the "humanity" of one of our beloved characters will be stripped away in a horrifying show of force?

Or maybe I'm just jazzing myself up for a Van Pelting. Smiley

Also, I read Questionable Content where AI's are part of the fabric of society. A darker exploration of that symbiosis is appealing.

If you love something, analyze it and share.
rdaneel
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2020, 08:26:17 pm »

Argh! Another cliffhanger.

But the art is great as always. And the story is moving forward, with more of the past revealed!

Thanks so much for the update.  Smiley
crazydorian
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2020, 11:45:30 pm »

Always a treat when Penelope shows up
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: