Mind Control Comics Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:06:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary #916: “Decision Process”  (Read 4495 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: January 23, 2020, 01:01:52 am »

Script: Daphne • Inks: Plutonian Knight • Colors and Lettering: Octavia Moon

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 01:12:03 am »

This seems kinda... meta.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 02:07:33 am »

Meta AF, in fact.
grimtidings
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Lurker

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 04:57:39 am »

And then the One jumps into Agent Vic, asploding him. The other Agents, seeing one of their immortal confederates obliterated, flee in terror. Cue the voice-over with a message of hope. Fade to black.

"Fan vote." Ouch.

If you love something, analyze it and share.
Skyrender
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Troll-Blooded

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2020, 05:03:01 am »

As we saw on Tuesday: Erin knows who her master is now (Zenon), and she will get rid of him (Zenon).

Murphy said "Whatever CAN go wrong, WILL go wrong."

I say: "Murphy must've been an incurable optimist, because in my experience even things that CAN'T go wrong... somehow DO..."
lancehunter
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2020, 05:55:19 am »

I appreciate the turns that this is taking.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2020, 06:28:20 am »

Adrian take side step
hulk Vikram miss Adrian and hit Zenon on the head kills Zenon Poof he gone.
or
Adrian grad Erin her hero and he is Her master Vikram hit  Zeon on the head killing him like in the car crash.

Mallory become Baron Le Croix  or Baron Le Croix  show up and take care of dead Zenon and Vikram.
Like Cherry said Zenon dead have not stop moving.

That my vote

« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 06:43:35 am by laguna85 » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2020, 05:31:58 am »

I like Laguna's ideas a lot.  Vik destroys Zenon.  Cherry destroys Vikram.  Either Mallory or the Baron himself eliminates their residue.

There are a couple of other possibilities that might be interesting.  Cherry and Vik square off, but Cherry sacrifices herself to destroy Vikram, thus atoning for her own sins and eliminating Vik.  This leaves Erin with a choice and she incinerates Zenon.

Or both Vik and Zenon realize Adrian is their enemy and team up, but we finally see Adrian's powers and training in full bloom and he destroys both of them.  Erin still under Dark Influence even without Z/shade there uses her power against Adrian.  Cherry sacrifices herself to protect him, but Erin can't stop.  Adrian takes it and we end up with a Westley-esque solution.  An equivalent of "As you wish" breaks through to Erin and she heels him and together they heal Mallory.  Victory!  I think this one gets my vote so there's no more bitching about Adrian being lucky or passive or unimpressive and we fully eliminate these posing pretenders.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2020, 08:55:16 am »

here new one that Erin and Cherry together  use the pink tentacles to stop Vikram killing Adrian and hole on the Zenon.
here come into picture is Julian Pichler and shoot Vikram in the air . (side note draw bullet not the shell)
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2020, 10:34:52 am »

Perhaps there's a strain of the common cold in The Cloud to which no one has any resistance, and so they all die. The camera zooms out, and out, and out (how did TV fill all that time before drones were available?) and then it stops, turns abruptly, and zooms in, and in, and in. And now we're in Van Winkle's, where Pink Clouds is running amok in a shack full of strippers.

Or was that the dream?
Foxrun
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2020, 04:41:39 pm »

I just hate the, Lets tease this major shake up, two pages later undo it and never mention it again. If you want Dopey guy stumbles into sex slaves and has no clue what to do with them, thats called In Law Unit. I love In Law Unit. It may be my favorite story on here, but it what it says it is, dopey guy accidentally gets slaves. There is no teasing ideas and then backtracking. So if this is just Dopey Adrian accidentally gets slaves and the high jinks that occur, then please quit teasing and starting to go down dark twists just to undo them immediately.
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2020, 09:34:42 pm »

I just hate the, Lets tease this major shake up, two pages later undo it and never mention it again. If you want Dopey guy stumbles into sex slaves and has no clue what to do with them, thats called In Law Unit. I love In Law Unit. It may be my favorite story on here, but it what it says it is, dopey guy accidentally gets slaves. There is no teasing ideas and then backtracking. So if this is just Dopey Adrian accidentally gets slaves and the high jinks that occur, then please quit teasing and starting to go down dark twists just to undo them immediately.

Some people (not me) are really into this idea of "peril" which necessitates this teasing.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2020, 12:10:37 am »

Daphne may undercut me in the near future, but right now I have to point out that almost nothing in the current arc has actually been undone.  Adrian came back to life, but I think it was pretty obvious that was going to happen the moment he was 'killed'.  Erin's programming has clearly been altered.  Mallory is still transformed.

How long does something have to last before it stops counting as 'undone immediately'?  If we start counting at the beginning of Zenon's taking of Erin in #875, that change has lasted for 41 issues and is still going.  That's just under 4.5% of the comic, covering about four and a half months of calendar time.

More generally, SJI is dramatically structured like a soap opera.  The first volume, up through #78, sets up the core situation: Adrian is the reluctant master of a harem of eight women, in a world where other controllers want to take part or all of what he has.  Various plot threads spin out from this foundation, but the core exerts a kind of gravity that pulls them back towards the status quo.  Because multiple threads are in play at any given moment, the status quo is never fully reasserted at any given moment.  Still, it is the pivot point around which everything rotates.  Specific plot threads may mostly resolve, but have effects that feed into later threads.  An example of this is Jakob's attempt to take control of Erin in Cherry's mind.  That attempt failed, but it left some kind of impact on Erin that led to her bringing Aiken to Kearsage, an event that is still playing out in the current thread.  From one perspective, that was a tease of a major shake-up that was undone in a couple of pages.  From another perspective the ripples are still playing out.

Right now, we don't know how this business with Erin is going to play out.  Maybe Zenon flees and takes her with him, and the next thread is search and rescue.  Maybe her mind breaks and the next thread is about figuring out how to repair the damage to her psyche.  Maybe she returns to Adrian, but the shock of almost losing her makes him more paranoid about protecting the harem, and more ruthless in his willingness to tackle the Jakob problem.  However the current situation is resolved, I'm pretty sure it will have some ramifications that impact future events.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: