Mind Control Comics Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:21:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary #915: “A Tear in the Fabric”  (Read 3863 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: January 20, 2020, 01:01:53 am »

Script: Daphne • Inks: Plutonian Knight • Colors and Lettering: Octavia Moon

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 01:04:52 am »

Vindication! At least until the next plot twist I fail to predict, which will be most of them.

By the by, I don't think inside Erin's head is a very nice place to be right about now.

Edit: And because ~1/3 of all things with me lead back to anime.....

« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 01:20:14 am by lifmcs » Logged
grimtidings
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Lurker

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 05:15:17 am »

There's the holy light. And I can imagine Erin's "aaaaaah" is the angelic choir.

If you love something, analyze it and share.
Foxrun
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 06:19:58 am »

So looks like this last year we spent in the cloud was meaningless. So far Erin was put under a love spell, but was faking. Adrian died, but he is back with a torn shirt. OH NO! And Erin and Malory were stole by Zenon, but it looks like all it too to break Zenon's hold was Adrian posing under a tree. I hope I'm wrong. I hope that Death telling Adrian that returning to life will bring so much pain means that Erin and Malory, and maybe more will be lost to him for a while. (We all know that it will not be permanent)I want to see Erin eject Adrian from the cloud and for the guy who coasted through this entire story on sheer whining to finally have a defeat. Unfortunately I fear that this is Jacadrian situation again where it just wears off and is never mentioned again
Rift120
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2020, 07:05:20 am »

I'mjust glad this story arc is coming to a close soon...

ugh... this one has lasted waaaayyyy to long ... what with a bunch of unnecessary cut scene sto other ppl here and there.... it should have been wrapped up a month or two ago to prevent story fatigue.
raven
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2020, 07:48:01 am »

I like the over the top pose and am excited to see what happens.
Technophyle
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2020, 08:15:01 am »

"Whereever I go, the wind follows. And the wind smells like rain."
grimtidings
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Lurker

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2020, 03:07:02 pm »

So looks like this last year we spent in the cloud was meaningless. So far Erin was put under a love spell, but was faking. Adrian died, but he is back with a torn shirt. OH NO! And Erin and Malory were stole by Zenon, but it looks like all it too to break Zenon's hold was Adrian posing under a tree. I hope I'm wrong. I hope that Death telling Adrian that returning to life will bring so much pain means that Erin and Malory, and maybe more will be lost to him for a while. (We all know that it will not be permanent)I want to see Erin eject Adrian from the cloud and for the guy who coasted through this entire story on sheer whining to finally have a defeat. Unfortunately I fear that this is Jacadrian situation again where it just wears off and is never mentioned again

Foxrun... you speak to my soul.

If you love something, analyze it and share.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2020, 03:57:49 pm »

I confess I was hoping from the thumbnail that there was a tear in the fabric of The Cloud. But there turn out to be tears first in the fabric of Adrian's shirt, then in the fabric of the page itself, and finally in the fabric of Erin's mind. Admittedly she does look in that last panel like someone desperately wondering if the last iced Danish pastry is worth missing the bus for. But I'm guessing this is a more serious dilemma even than that.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2020, 09:52:34 pm »

I see three major possibilities here:

• Zenon's reprogramming trumps the Watch programming.  Adrian is about to get booted out of the Cloud.  (I doubt Daphne would just have him killed again; it wouldn't make sense from a plot standpoint.)
  • The Watch programming trumps Zenon's reprogramming.  Erin is about to snap out of it and punch Zenon's balls out the top of his head.
  • Erin is about to suffer a mind-break from her programming conflicts.  Maybe she goes into a coma.  This might be the most interesting possibility, frankly.  Deprived of his weapon, Zenon cannot prevent Cherry from punching his balls out the top of his head, but Adrian still suffers a loss.  The plot shifts to healing Erin by figuring out how to fix the programming conflict.

I also note that the pop-up text is a lyric from Bob Mould's "Sacrifice - Let There Be Peace".  As is often the case with Daphne's song references, the other lyrics are suggestive.  I rather like "If the strain on your conscience gets under your skin / And leads you to making a sacrifice".  I suspect jmundt29 would empathize more with "How much longer can all this go on?"
Foxrun
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2020, 06:33:43 am »

I would love to see the two programs conflict and Erin breaks free of all of it. She sees Adrian as a monster for taking advantage of her.

The problem is Adrian has been characterized as viewing his harem of beautiful mind controlled women as the worst thing ever. So he would probably cheer as she is freed even if he lost her and SJI would become the Anti mind control story.

Can we reroll the protagonist?
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2020, 06:34:28 am »

I also note that the pop-up text is a lyric from Bob Mould's "Sacrifice - Let There Be Peace".  As is often the case with Daphne's song references, the other lyrics are suggestive.  I rather like "If the strain on your conscience gets under your skin / And leads you to making a sacrifice".  I suspect jmundt29 would empathize more with "How much longer can all this go on?"

may be 85 installment
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2020, 11:29:36 am »

Can we reroll the protagonist?

Protagonist just needs to he mind controlled into liking it. ;-)

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: