Mind Control Comics Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:30:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Takeout  (Read 3773 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: December 04, 2019, 10:15:22 pm »

A mysterious couple stops at a 24 diner for a quick bite, and they're looking for something not on the menu.

Script and Lettering: Daphne • Art: Sturkwurk

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
crazydorian
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 02:34:49 am »

This was definitely an interesting one.  Given the format and Sturkwurk's art, it definitely reminds me of By the Book, and Found Objects even more so...but with the control device being another person/entity instead of a crystal.

I'm intrigued.  I know what Thad says, but it seems like Will-Vampire is probably a pretty good description for Camilla.  And Thad seems almost like...her familiar? She's more interested in the feeding, so he gets to control the girls once they're drained, until they sell them off.  I can see why they'd have a traveling lifestyle as well.  I love a good harem, but draining a victem, pawning them off, and moving on is probably safer in the long run than getting a mansion and filling it with every pretty local.

This was a good one, but I think it the sense of mystery might have it better as a one-shot than a potential series.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 09:33:13 am »

Question the page in the right order?
dwcomics
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 09:52:48 am »

Keeping this thing as a one-shot is certainly tempting, but I'd be lying if I said I would pass up the chance to see a series made of this.  Watching them go around in search of Camilla's special someone while using human trafficking and theft to support themselves makes a nice twist on the usual material of this site.  Heck being able to see what becomes of their victims after they're done with them could make a spin off series in its own right.  Whether you came out with either a series of one-shots along the same lines as Takeout or developed it into a series, this sort of thing would be great for a Halloween-themed once a year thing.
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2019, 03:51:58 pm »

As has already been stated, there's an interesting dynamic at play here between Thad and Camilla. Definitely some interesting places this could be taken, or if not this worked well enough on its own.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: