Mind Control Comics Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:23:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gig Economy #3: Duty Calls  (Read 8041 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: September 07, 2019, 04:59:09 pm »

It's so annoying when work gets in the way of romanceā€¦

Script, Art, and Lettering: Sadie Bella

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 01:10:05 am »

WOOOOOOO!!
Tony
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 10:57:52 am »

This series has its own forum...
grimtidings
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Lurker

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019, 06:08:58 am »

The addition of color is an improvement.

It's been established that the app demands that Mira take the jobs (she never rejects them). It also pre-programs her to be fully in-character leading up-to and during the job. Finally, while she accepts that it's her job, she can be annoyed by the customer (pre-programming) and their ratings afterwards. Which means she has some awareness of what she's doing throughout.

The question, then, is "how aware of Fuck Bunny is the rest of the world?" I was hoping for underground but, with our Prince Charming on the last panel thrilled to get his Fuck Bunny credit, maybe it's an open secret. This angle does kill a bit of my enjoyment because, well, he was the yang to the yin of her existence. By having a legitimate (TBD, he still comes across as a bit of a stalker) romance to bump up against her profession created some tension. A conflict, no matter how small.

"Mira, I will give you a million dollars to put down that phone right now." Has been my favorite line in this story. His ultimate reaction implies he's a sensitive, understanding fellow who respects her need to go to work (and his unawareness, I'd hoped, of what that work is).

"Damn straight you'll see me soon." Is my least favorite. It implies he didn't ask what she does for a living during the date because he already knows and he's going to order her up. Boring.

If you love something, analyze it and share.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: