Mind Control Comics Forum
October 06, 2024, 11:30:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary #870: “My Little Line”  (Read 8587 times)
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2019, 02:17:19 pm »

I'm honestly not sure if you're being snarky here or not, but this seems a non sequitur. That's not Erin's mother. I mean, I'm sure there are some pretty oddball families out there, but it's pretty unusual for a mother to refer to her daughter as "mom."

It's laguna85 who initially said that:

forgot to add happy that mother stop her daughter from kill herself.

I queried that since I wasn't sure if I was missing something or if it was just a typing error. Eventually laguna85 said that the woman could be Erin's mother or her daughter.

I'd already pointed out that she calls Erin Mom but that hadn't swung it. So I was suggesting that since 868 indicates that Erin was present when her mother was killed, and she was at least in her teens, she must know what her mother looked like. So if this woman is her mother, why doesn't Erin recognise her?
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2019, 04:46:09 pm »

I think we can put Erin's mom to bed, and no, that isn't a double entendre.  I'm going with "daughter from the future" for now.  All the evidence we have is consistent with it and nothing cuts against it other than that she hasn't been born yet.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2019, 10:30:20 pm »

OK future daughter stopping mom killing her self and so the daughter can be born
so I got miss up with the text window  
I found the guest page of a future Daughter, sorry for the mix up
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 10:32:23 pm by laguna85 » Logged
powerpossum
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2019, 08:03:56 am »

It's okay, man. I followed you just fine.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2019, 10:04:55 am »

I confess I'm puzzled by this whole thing but I feel like I'm being cast as some kind of villain here.

laguna85 asserted that this woman was Erin's mother and so I queried it - not because I'm a mean person but because laguna has often seen things that I've missed and I thought maybe that had happened here. When I did he seemed to stand by what he was saying, so I outlined why I thought he was wrong. He didn't reply for a long time but, apparently prompted by mns_95125's post, he came back and effectively said that either one of us could be right. But that didn't seem likely.

So I posed a further question to cast doubt on that. I admit that what I ended up posting could probably have done with a little more explanation. Perhaps that's why it was misunderstood by daphne, who accused me of possibly being snarky, which I wasn't at all, and who sought to make it clear to me that I was wrong if I thought that the woman here was Erin's mother - that being the very mistake that laguna had now clearly asserted twice.

I regularly engage with laguna85 and I too followed him fine here. But what he was saying was wrong and I was simply trying to convince him of that. Obviously there is no need at all for him to apologize. If I've done anything wrong here then I do apologize, but I have to say I don't think I have.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: