Mind Control Comics Forum
October 06, 2024, 11:26:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary #834: “Precisely According to Plan”  (Read 7811 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: April 25, 2019, 12:01:47 am »

Written by: Daphne • Inks: Plutonian Knight • Colors and Lettering: Octavia Moon

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 07:37:24 pm »

ok
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 12:06:21 am »

That's the actual Kanti, right?

Here's hoping her new tits stay with her in the "real" world. That'd be a fun change.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
grimtidings
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Lurker

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2019, 05:03:25 am »

Prediction: Adrian falls, fearing death as the ground rapidly rises to greet him. A shocked expression, this could be the end! He lands on Kanti's comically-large back-breakers. After a soft bounce, he lands, catlike, on his feet. Everyone turns to the camera to break the fourth wall, "Thank goodness for prolific BE in the MC universe." Adrian then looks at Vik who (insert terrible thing happening to Vik). Roll the laugh track and the heroic music!

If you love something, analyze it and share.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2019, 10:33:49 am »

Impossible to judge from this if Vik can make Cherry wipe Kanti's mind or if he means he's going to ask her to. My hopes for his mastery of the domain are fading though - not least because he's having to walk to get to Cherry.

I fear Cherry being captured by one set of Erin-controlled tentacles while another set do a Barbapapa-style change into a trampoline to break Adrian's fall.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2019, 10:39:04 am »

Incidentally, is the last panel, "NO!" or "take Amy away from..." ?

I'll rephrase the question: Which is supposed to be the last panel here, "NO!" or "take Amy away from..." ?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 11:39:14 am by GodWilling » Logged
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2019, 11:18:58 am »

“Surprise, Sisterfucker!!”  –Adrian, probably.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2019, 11:34:15 am »

“Surprise, Sisterfucker!!”  –Adrian, probably.

It's hardly the moral high ground he's falling from in that regard.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2019, 02:40:20 pm »

That's the actual Kanti, right?

OK, back again. I'm struggling to understand this page and as a general rule I ignore hints. But Vik's monologue here would only make sense to me if it were Erin's mind that was going to be wiped. So... that isn't the actual Kanti? That was 'the ritual'? Maybe? Or does this page really just make no sense?
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2019, 07:14:57 pm »

I do not WHO mind we are inside of?
red monster with vik ?
Cherry mind with control red monster and vik?
who know?
When Adrian lands, We will know who mind we are inside of
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2019, 08:01:59 pm »

There seems to be a theme of corruption running through these events.  People are being tempted, or seem to have given in to long-standing desires.  Cherry wants to be together with Aiken and Erin again.  Aiken wants Erin back.  Vik wants to own Kanti, Laura and Amy.  Adrian is being tempted with recovering Echo.  Of the various participants, Adrian is the only one who seems to be effectively resisting.  We'll see how that turns out for him.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2019, 02:01:29 am »

Vik wants to own Kanti, Laura and Amy.

But does Vik also harbour a desire for revenge?

"I'm going to have Cherry erase your mind."
"As my Master wishes."
"That's right. And that's what he gets for trying to take Amy from... [sees Adrian making his entrance] NO!"

I think the gap between the "erase your mind" panel and the "NO!" panel indicates that this is the sequence of events. Plus it's the only sequence without an apparent non sequitur.

Although Vik doesn't appear to be looking upwards overly much in either of the last two panels, I don't think he is looking at Adrian when he says "And that's what he gets..." I don't think he has seen him yet. So I don't think that falling from a great height is "what he gets". Which implies that erasing Kanti's mind is "what he gets".

But if that reading is correct then...

Who tried to take Amy from (presumably) Vik? The most likely suspect is Adrian, isn't it? And that would explain Vik's dramatic response to suddenly seeing Adrian "arriving".

But how would wiping Kanti's mind serve as a punishment for Adrian? How would that be "what he gets"? It would punish Kanti, and it would punish Q. But Adrian? To my current recollection Kanti is one of the few women in the comic that Adrian hasn't lain on top of for five minutes.

You yourself flagged up the crossover of the word "ritual" from the Kanti thread to the Erin thread. The ritual in the Kanti thread seemed to amount to having a bath, although I'm pretty sure that Vik could make Kanti's body clean with a click of his fingers. Did something happen there? Kanti still seems to think she's Kanti and Erin still seems to think she's Erin, so I don't know. But we know that people are not necessarily who they appear to be in The Cloud.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2019, 10:39:48 am »

I'm hoping this is correct. Maybe it would explain the chessboard thing too.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2019, 09:59:21 pm »

Vik did see Kanti's on a date with Q, Making  Kanti's forget Q

I think the Sequence gose (No) (and That's what he gets for Trying to take Amy from ....

may be Vik think Q is try take Amy away him?
or Adrian
like Chessboard wait for the next move
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2019, 10:55:47 am »

may be Vik think Q is try take Amy away him?
Well, I suppose anything's possible in The Cloud...

like Chessboard wait for the next move
I was thinking about the squares swapping colours on the chessboard in 828. That would be especially nice because I think I predicted for that page that what was happening in The Cloud might start to affect the real world - although I didn't really mean it like that. Plus I suppose there was that thing with Vik and Kanti appearing to be white in 817.

I don't actually think that this has happened, but I just don't understand this page otherwise.

I think the Sequence gose (No) (and That's what he gets for Trying to take Amy from ....

It doesn't make sense to me that way around. Firstly, I don't think Vik's first word upon seeing someone falling would be "No!" Secondly, I think the shift from a shocked "No!" to a wry "And that's what he gets..." would take longer than it would take Adrian to hit the ground. And thirdly, why would the page end with "..." ?

(Unless Vik isn't Vik...)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: