Mind Control Comics Forum
October 06, 2024, 09:21:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary #778: “Not On The Syllabus”  (Read 4724 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: October 18, 2018, 12:01:17 am »

Written by: Daphne • Inks: Plutonian Knight • Colors and Lettering: Octavia Moon

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 05:43:07 pm »

It's been awhile since we've seen her.  Have fun!!
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 12:31:44 am »

I wonder how cool the girls are with just passing that stuff out... any moral quandaries?

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
grimtidings
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Lurker

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 03:57:51 am »

They're in the "good guys" (and gals) camp in this story.

Only the "bad guys" have that weird, icky stigma that triggers negatives.

Derek, Vic, Julian. When they control someone it's creepy and pervy.

Adrian & crew? They're just doing what's natural: spreading love and joy in the SJI Universe.

If you love something, analyze it and share.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 10:08:43 am »

Nah, this one is a BAD idea.  I think when Laura handed it out, she thought it was going to be a date for which Cait wanted added spice.  This is...really a bad idea.  This is the history prof, right?  I confess I like the idea of an accidental comeuppance for Coates' wife and her little plan, but this feels like a foray into the history department.  Uh-oh.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 07:17:10 pm »

Should have a harem meeting about what the mind control policy is... more likely, I guess, that nobody will do so because it allows for tension when nobody trusts each other or talks to each other, I suppose...

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2018, 08:35:51 pm »

Adrian & crew? They're just doing what's natural: spreading love and joy in the SJI Universe.

Bear in mind that in the SJI-verse using mind control on someone isn't considered a huge deal in and of itself.  It seems to be viewed as generally undesirable, but if it happens to you you just shrug it off and get on with your life.  If memory serves me correctly Daphne has analogized this to the cavalier attitude towards mass property destruction seen in Marvel comic books.

Given that context, I think the difference between the bad guys and the good guys is that the bad guys treat the women they control as objects, with no care to their feelings, goals or interests.  The good guys seem to treat those they control as people and express some desire for them to be happy, to enjoy what's happening to them, and to continue to have lives outside of the mind controlled sex episodes.  There's a fundamental de-humanization in the attitude the bad guys express towards their thralls that is mostly or entirely absent in the attitudes of the good guys.  (And in cases where nominally good characters veer towards crossing that line, as may be the case with Pearl and Heidi, they start to feel more like villains.)
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2018, 02:08:09 am »

Bear in mind that in the SJI-verse using mind control on someone isn't considered a huge deal in and of itself.  It seems to be viewed as generally undesirable, but if it happens to you you just shrug it off and get on with your life.  If memory serves me correctly Daphne has analogized this to the cavalier attitude towards mass property destruction seen in Marvel comic books.

Given that context, I think the difference between the bad guys and the good guys is that the bad guys treat the women they control as objects, with no care to their feelings, goals or interests.  The good guys seem to treat those they control as people and express some desire for them to be happy, to enjoy what's happening to them, and to continue to have lives outside of the mind controlled sex episodes.  There's a fundamental de-humanization in the attitude the bad guys express towards their thralls that is mostly or entirely absent in the attitudes of the good guys.  (And in cases where nominally good characters veer towards crossing that line, as may be the case with Pearl and Heidi, they start to feel more like villains.)

Eh, it feels too much like the good guys feel guilt about mc and don't maintain sexual exclusivity more than what you're saying. Mind control is still something that bad guys do (specifically, bad men). Women who employ mc Houdini their way out of the negative moral consequences somehow.

Would be nice to see more mc "play" within the harem. Ah well.

jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2018, 09:18:31 am »

Jury still out on the archaeologist with the roster of cheerleader playthings.  This may actually be her influence on Cait.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: